Electrical Ok, what's going on here?

Electrical Ok, what's going on here?

Grumpa

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'74 CJ5, 232ci, three speed, dana 20.
First of all, my Jeep is a '74 CJ5 base model. The first picture is the wiper motor that came with the Jeep aligned to the bolt holes that secure it. The second picture is the cover with the bolt holes aligned to the proper holes that secure it.
Notice how the cover goes way over the rubber gasket for the windshield. Do I have the wrong wiper motor or the wrong cover or both? Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20230916_164754.jpg
    20230916_164754.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230916_164808.jpg
    20230916_164808.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 13
Solution
Here are some pics of my 72. You can zoom in and see how the cover overlaps the windshield and cowl gasket. It's not supposed to seal but just cover and let any water drain. I have used silicone on the top (some what sealed) and left the bottom open so any water or moisture can drain.

cj_lft1.jpg
cj_frnt.jpg

cj_lft3.jpg

almost_naked_cj.jpg

wm1.JPG

wm2.JPG
Here are some pics of my 72. You can zoom in and see how the cover overlaps the windshield and cowl gasket. It's not supposed to seal but just cover and let any water drain. I have used silicone on the top (some what sealed) and left the bottom open so any water or moisture can drain.

cj_lft1.jpg
cj_frnt.jpg

cj_lft3.jpg

almost_naked_cj.jpg

wm1.JPG

wm2.JPG

Solution

View attachment 86392
View attachment 86393

View attachment 86394

View attachment 86395

View attachment 86396

View attachment 86397
Ok, this makes sense. I was just looking at pix of our Jeeps online and noticed the placement is proper and was wondering if I was missing a seal or something. I had to scrape a lot of silicone sealer off the cover when I took it off. Problem solved.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom