Misc. Oh no...another CJ7

Misc. Oh no...another CJ7

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
I have the opportunity to grab(and most likely will) another CJ7 but pretty close to stock in decent shape cheap...then the dilemma starts, I only want to keep one, fix and sell either it or Franky- 🤪 -my heads going to explode, do I keep the new one(orange 84) or the one one I building ground up, I like and really want the V8 with the Chevy 5 spd, but it will require a good amount of more $$ sunk into it to make it right besides all the work, or drop my low mileage 4.2L into the new one, but it has the a 3spd, then there's the wifey, really she supports all the toys I want as long as she gets to spend money as needed on hers or the house, but but but, damn, if I had one more but I'd never find pants to fit:LOL:.
2022-08-11_073942.jpg2022-08-11_074203.jpg

do I dare keep both, end up more working than driving I believe...

I tried the SBC with a 5-speed and hated all the shifting. I do a lot of highway driving in mine though. So traffic, lights, etc had me doing way too much shifting up/down with the 5-speed. Put in a 700R4 auto (to have overdrive) and now love it. Chevy V8 power, fuel injection, easy parts and customization, and very streetable. Mine is an '84 also (same year I got married, so easy to remember - the anniversary).

I tried the SBC with a 5-speed and hated all the shifting. I do a lot of highway driving in mine though. So traffic, lights, etc had me doing way too much shifting up/down with the 5-speed. Put in a 700R4 auto (to have overdrive) and now love it. Chevy V8 power, fuel injection, easy parts and customization, and very streetable. Mine is an '84 also (same year I got married, so easy to remember - the anniversary).
I might consider an auto in the future, but I drive a 6 speed now and love it
Also I'm one of those hard heads who prefer carb and HEI lol

Maybe swap the wife for the Jeep. Eliminating all the money problems at the same time. Just saying if you can’t have it all. Or maybe try rent to own. :poke:

The eternal question Ginger or MaryAnn? Why not both?

Wow, just wow, went to look at the CJ7, even took cash, my car dolly, but...just wow, what an orange TURD, it was more than a project, it was a start over project, I'm not sure aside from the dash and seats if anything was worth salvaging before starting over, maybe the hood and fenders were repairable, and to be honest, frame was ok, but a lot of work just to get to a repairable restorable or even a woods buggy condition, not going to go into all that's wrong, fingers aren't up to the typing task.
So, no new stable mate for Franky

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom