Misc. Official Jeep-Cj Smoker/ Grilling Thread

Misc. Official Jeep-Cj Smoker/ Grilling Thread

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
Here it is folks. The only place men can share recipes and still keep their man card. 😂 Ok ok the female members can contribute as well. We want your recipes for smokers and grills posted here. Recipes aren't Limited to meat , you can post veggies or rubs , anything you can make or use with a smoker or grill. I got my smoker this Spring and am extremely happy with it. I'm also using it year round so I'll have some updates throughout the year. Enjoy everyone and don't be shy about getting involved.
IMG_20200412_152032769_HDR.jpg

I'll start with the best thing I've made to date. If you never had "The Bacon Explosion" you are definitely missing out.

Basically it's a basket weave of bacon wrapped around ground sausage with cheese , bacon crumbles and garlic smothered in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.

Here it is prepped
IMG_20200718_161255562.jpg

Then pulled from the smoker to add the BBQ sauce and smoke a little more
12660.jpeg

And the final payoff of deliciousness
12662.jpeg

Here is a link to one of the recipes on the net. If you aren't familiar with the basket weave it can be found on Google or Youtube pretty easy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1-6C6K3jMnmfbMuiCb_ZDK&cshid=1601589236166

Bon Appetite!

Here is a beef standing rib roast I did in the oven just a week ago. Just a little seasoning and into the oven.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Not mine but I did help a little. Neighbors across the street every New Year's Eve cook a pig in what is called a Cajun Microwave.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Mmm.. I'm getting hungry again. This all looks great.

I don't have any pics of on my favorite right now but I will describe it. I'll be sure to snap pictures next time.

LOL - It's chicken... Anyone who does any cooking knows that chicken breasts can be notoriously dry, dark meat not so much.
So, for myself and the best half, I butterfly the breast and stuff it with vegies. That keeps the meat nice and moist from the inside. Then, I cover it in Stove Top stuffing - All cooked and out of the box. Then smoke.

Weird recipe but mmm good.

Yeah chicken breasts need a lot of help. Pork loins are great also butterflied and stuffed and rolled !

When it comes to Grilling I like a good steak. Our local Giant has been putting out these beef tenderloins that are killer.

IMG_20200813_175619236.jpg

There's a spline inside that needs to be removed but it's not too tricky. The tenderloin pictured cost $45 on sale and made 11 steaks. Bacon wrapped of course.🤤

IMG_20200813_175417241.jpg

Here's the grill I got about the same time as the smoker. It has ceramic coated plates over the cooking surface that are supposed to eliminate hot spots. They do help but I wouldn't go as far as eliminate.

IMG_20200515_173232425.jpg

First meals off it were traditional Bacon cheeseburgers and hot dogs. Seems all my meals have bacon involved. 😂

IMG_20200530_195203985.jpg

IMG_20200529_183658289.jpg

Yea you have shown more bacon than I have eaten in this calendar year. :bang:

Dad's got that one...swears by the infrared as far as evenness and lack of flareup

And2-sml.jpg

This is andouille sausage after eight hours @ 200F in dry pecan wood smoke. I'm feelin' righteous 'cause it has been in the freezer now for four days and I haven't been into it. But it is coming on gumbo weather now.

Last edited:
Dad's got that one...swears by the infrared as far as evenness and lack of flareup

It's definitely an improvement for sure. Makes making grilled pizza alot easier.

Pepperoni and onion
IMG_20200528_191144735.jpg

Chicken and of course BACON
IMG_20200528_193019420.jpg

Just a heads up getting involved in this type of culinary art can be similar to a Jeep build. Upgrading and adding is always good though. Our freezer wasn't up to the task so we got this delivered Thursday.

IMG_20201001_171407890.jpg

If you've been trying to get one of these in the 2020 climate you know what a pita it's been. I wanted a 7 cubic foot one but settled on this 5 cubic foot one. Just didn't want to wait any longer.

In these times always great to have extra freezer space. We got the 7 cu ft one several years back,after an old 15 cu ft chest gave up the ghost. That one was actually to big, things would get lost and forgotten. Another good thing to have is an accurate list of what is in there.

In these times always great to have extra freezer space. We got the 7 cu ft one several years back,after an old 15 cu ft chest gave up the ghost. That one was actually to big, things would get lost and forgotten. Another good thing to have is an accurate list of what is in there.

We thought about buying a bigger used one but after weighing the odds we decided to wait for new. Great point about knowing what's in there.

Just got done with a dry rub on a pork shoulder. Letting it stand overnight and then to the smoker for 8-9 hours.

14888.jpeg

Yea things can get lost in a chest freezer at the bottom. Pork shoulders are good. Going to have to try some bacon. My B in Law cooks his bacon in the BBQ a head of time, then freezes it.

I wish I could tag members - Bluerocket and Shooby both cooked burgers wrapped in foil by putting them on their intake manifolds tucked in good and wheeling on the Rubicon. Few stops later they were eating burgers! lol was awesome.

Not really recipe but thought it was a pretty trick manly cooking technique!

Oh wait - you might be able to in this software... trying test below...

@bluerocket @shooby

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom