OEM tachometer 85cj7 wiring

OEM tachometer 85cj7 wiring

jostrick

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
85cj7, 258, amc20, D30
I'm starting to go crazy and feeling stupid. I removed my dash and am putting it back together. Everything is working good but I dont remember how the tach hooked up. Ive seen many diagrams online but dont seem to help. Are there any pictures out there of behind the dash? Thanks

Attachments

• 20181111_091353.jpg
    20181111_091353.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 126
Mine is a painless wire harness to crown tach if that helps... 3 wires

d64118ec058efb88ddc692f0d4bcdf67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at my '85-'86 wiring diagram, Use a yellow wire from the turn fuse, violet wire that comes from the dark green wire at the ignition coil, and a black ground wire.

I'm starting to go crazy and feeling stupid. I removed my dash and am putting it back together. Everything is working good but I dont remember how the tach hooked up. Ive seen many diagrams online but dont seem to help. Are there any pictures out there of behind the dash? Thanks

Ugh so I finally figured it out. I had the ignition hooked up like it would be for base model, not Laredo. I'll take some pictures in case others have ever ran into this.

Ugh so I finally figured it out. I had the ignition hooked up like it would be for base model, not Laredo. I'll take some pictures in case others have ever ran into this.

Good to hear that you figured it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks