Np435 mounting

Np435 mounting

jakeh937

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 Cj5, 258 with Howell Fuel injection kit, T18 with dana 20 Tcase, dana 30 front with Detroit locker, AMC 20 rear with LSD and one piece shafts, Warn 8k winch, 1" body lift, 2" suspension lift, 33 tires
For you guys who have swapped in a np435 ford version with the Novak adaptor mated to a Dana 20, what'd you guys do for mounting. Haven't found a whole lot of info on this as anything iv searched comes up with parts needed for the swap. I read one thing where you can notch the stock skid plate (it's on 79 CJ5) and move it back a few inches. Anything else??

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For you guys who have swapped in a np435 ford version with the Novak adaptor mated to a Dana 20, what'd you guys do for mounting. Haven't found a whole lot of info on this as anything iv searched comes up with parts needed for the swap. I read one thing where you can notch the stock skid plate (it's on 79 CJ5) and move it back a few inches. Anything else??

Thanks.

I have swapped in a NV4500 which is not a stock trans to any Jeep and was looking at building a tubular skid plate but I think I am just going to make one out of plate steel and give it a 2 inch drop or so. I am looking for as much ground clearance as I can get. If you can get your stock skid to work that should save you a lot of time and energy.

I have swapped in a NV4500 which is not a stock trans to any Jeep and was looking at building a tubular skid plate but I think I am just going to make one out of plate steel and give it a 2 inch drop or so. If you can get your stock skid to work that should save you a lot of time

I'm not to good when it comes to visualizing stuff without actually having something in front of me. Not to talented in that area lol. I was hoping I can make the stock one work and just drill/retap some holes in the frame. That'd be the best for me

I have swapped in a NV4500 which is not a stock trans to any Jeep and was looking at building a tubular skid plate but I think I am just going to make one out of plate steel and give it a 2 inch drop or so. I am looking for as much ground clearance as I can get. If you can get your stock skid to work that should save you a lot of time and energy.

Is that nv4500 a auto dodge trans?

Is that nv4500 a auto dodge trans?

Negative, it is the best heavy duty 5 speed manual that you can fit into a Jeep, it was used in Chevy and Dodge trucks from 92-2000 I think. I have the early Chevy version that nets me a 6.34 first gear, the rest of them have the 5.61 first gear

Negative, it is the best heavy duty 5 speed manual that you can fit into a Jeep, it was used in Chevy and Dodge trucks from 92-2000 I think. I have the early Chevy version that nets me a 6.34 first gear, the rest of them have the 5.61 first gear, you have one of the best 4 speeds made, New Process merged with GMs trans division to create New Venture who made my trans

You have one of the best 4 speeds, I have had a few I love em, New Process merged with GMs trans division and became New Venture who made my trans

I'm not to good when it comes to visualizing stuff without actually having something in front of me. Not to talented in that area lol. I was hoping I can make the stock one work and just drill/retap some holes in the frame. That'd be the best for me

It would be best to re drill your skid, there are trapped nuts on the inside of your frame rails, it's all good not everyone has the gift to visualize things

It would be best to re drill your skid, there are trapped nuts on the inside of your frame rails, it's all good not everyone has the gift to visualize things

Ah that's awesome. What bell housing do those use? I didn't know that, If I go that route re drilling the skid is what I'll do!

The experts for adapting the heavy duty transmissions to a Jeep CJ, are Novak and Advance Adapters. You might want to look up those guys.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks