Np435 Dana 20 or TH400 Dana 300

Np435 Dana 20 or TH400 Dana 300

Brimc

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'82 CJ7 360, SR4, Dana 300
I bought an 82 CJ7 with a swapped 360, trashed SR4 (no surprise), Dana 300. I need to upgrade the trans. I will mostly be driving on roads, but it will get an occasional beating. I know I would prefer the auto option, but right now cost is my main concern. I have access to an AMC TH400 and an NP435/Dana 20 combo used. I will rebuild everything before installation. Which is going to be the least expensive swap? I know I need an expensive adapter for the T400/D300 combo, and I will need an auto shifter, pedals, reverse light wiring, and possibly drive shafts? It seems like the NP435/Dana 20 setup should bolt right in. Not sure if the drive shafts will still work. Am I missing anything else on cost or work? I'd like to do the automatic, but it seems like a lot more money and work.

WELCOME!
These are the folks I would call with those questions.
The Novak Catalog Gateway
FWIW: My son has a built 401 Interceptor in his '5' and the NP435/Dana 20 has held up well.
LG

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks