New Project, Tranny Help Please

New Project, Tranny Help Please

hogosmith

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1. 1947 Willys Jeep, Buick V6, Dana 44's, Stock Tranny (project in process)
2. 1992 Chevy K-1500 (good ol' workhorse)
3. 1995 Mercury Villager
4. 1950 Chrysler Windsor 2dr (hot rod wannabe)
5. 1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor (we get along with each other...)
Howdy to all.

Just got here this morning... It's been 35 years since my last Jeep. I'm anxious to get this one under way... before they outlaw this kind of fun!

I just acquired a ’47 Willys that looks to be a half finished project. It has a Buick V6 and CJ5 axles, (they look like Dana 44’s), but still has the original tranny, that must drive the axles thru the transfer case?

What tranny or tranny/transfer case do I need to have to make the drive train complete??

Thanks for any help.
John

P.S. Will try to get images figured out to share.

WELCOME :chug:
I really don't know if this is a help or not-
The Novak Catalog Gateway
I would call them on Monday.
Please, keep us post'd on what you learn.
LG

If you already have the original T-90 transmission and Dana 18 transfer case they both should work with the CJ engine and axles
The front could be a D25 or D27 the rear should be a 44
You will/may need an adaptor to mate the engine and transmission as the CJ 5 v6 had a T14 behind it

If rear differential is center's you need a Dana 20 or 300 transfer case. If offset then dana 18 (how your jeep was made)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks