New garage toy has arrived

New garage toy has arrived

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1957 FC150 Narrow Track
My new monster air compressor has arrived, I will now have more than enough air to sandblast the body tub on the CJ. :):)

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 343
:drool:

Nice piece of equip...i guess the rumors are true about being full of hot air

:laugh:

"sorry just couldn't resist, but really, nice comp. that should do the trick for anything that comes your way."

It has been something that I was wanting for the last 5 or 6 years so can't wait until I wire it up this weekend. Thanks Guys:):):D

Nice piece of equip...i guess the rumors are true about being full of hot air

"sorry just couldn't resist, but really, nice comp. that should do the trick for anything that comes your way."
Yes hot air rumors are true.:ty:

Just be careful you don't warp the metal. Thats why a lot of shops use soda or media blasting. If you are going to use sand make sure it's real fine and don't let the metal get hot.

And... dont point the tip DIRECTLY at the metal. Keep it at about a 45 degree angle, this will also reduce the chance of warpage. The best thing to do is practice on a old junk fender, or on a spot that you are going to replace. That way you will get a better feel for what is goung on.

Dang that's a nice unit.

I shoulda gone that route instead of keep blowing up much smaller units.

Good equipment is always nice to have.

That thing is sweet. I have a big, but smaller than yours, compressor and while spraying texture and paint all week have been amazed at the work out you can put on one. :drool::drool: :chug:

That thing is sweet. I have a big, but smaller than yours, compressor and while spraying texture and paint all week have been amazed at the work out you can put on one. :drool::drool: :chug:
Thanks it is a real work horse..... this thing makes more air then i can ever use. It is so nice using my blast cabient without having to wait for the air pressure to build up.

Look at all those stickers. Are you sure it's safe to use?:D

Repeated light passes at different angles will give the best results and minimize any chance of warpage.
Don't use any sort of sand for the body, it will etch the metal and leave a texture that is miserable to deal with for bodywork, plus you will NEVER get it all out.
Spend the money for an organic media such as walnut hulls. At least if any of it creeps into mechanicals it will not be as abrasive.

Repeated light passes at different angles will give the best results and minimize any chance of warpage.
Don't use any sort of sand for the body, it will etch the metal and leave a texture that is miserable to deal with for bodywork, plus you will NEVER get it all out.
Spend the money for an organic media such as walnut hulls. At least if any of it creeps into mechanicals it will not be as abrasive.
Great tip thanks:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks