Interior need help finding replacement HW for softop......

Interior need help finding replacement HW for softop......

CJJP1984

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7
I have a 1984 CJ7. guy i bought it from sent a newer Bestop, doors and most of what look to be old school HW to install it. I have all the bows and the horizontal bars that extend from the windshield back to the the main Bow. Missing the door frame bars that extend down from the windshield braces. No idea what to call them....does anyone know what they are called and have any advice on how to find a set of them?

Attachments

• 65923350464--6595B396-3008-41EA-8DB2-0D11F3EE0B9F.jpg
    65923350464--6595B396-3008-41EA-8DB2-0D11F3EE0B9F.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 65923341903--94FE9FAA-B9AA-41D6-AC8F-9258E262A3CC.jpg
    65923341903--94FE9FAA-B9AA-41D6-AC8F-9258E262A3CC.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 17
Not really sure what they are called, but you will probably need a set of these that hold the horizontal bar to the vertical. Sits at the top of the vertical bar. The black are original plastic and I had the aluminum set made. image.jpeg

If I remember correctly they’re basically steel rod. Man, those brain cells die quick. If you had drawings and dimensions it wouldn’t be hard to fab a pair up.

You’ll also need to find the brackets the vertices rest in at the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obviously I can’t spell “vertical”....... Like I said - been a while since I messed with OEM hardware.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also think there were maybe some different variations, maybe.

Bestop can probably help you in any event just tell them the type of top year of jeep ect. They have been kind to me in the past.

thanks all. after trying a few things and realizing the top i have isn't really fitting well anymore (snaps keep popping; probably because of shrinking over time), i decided to bite teh bullet and get a new top and doors. back ordered. who knows when it will get here.

Which particular top, model did you order ?

Does it come with all the little pieces and or bows or bars or anything else you might need ? Been about probably 25 years since i bought my replacement top, I did not get the tiger top at the time. I think that was the deluxe model at the time.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks