Members CJs My 1984 CJ7 Renegade

Members CJs My 1984 CJ7 Renegade

YJeXtreme

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7 Renegade
As i posted in my intro, i recently acquired this nice 1984 Renegade...

-Original paint (missing hood stripe)
-Original interior (missing carpet)
-Rebuilt 258 with Weber Conversion
-Rebuilt T176
-Rebuilt Dana 300
-1pc rear axle shaft upgrade
-98% rust free

pymyby5e.jpg
7e5yga7y.jpg
quna5e9e.jpg

Also has new 3" lift, 33x12.50 on17" alloys...
Plan is to buy new set of tires to match the brandnew 33x12.50 spare install them on a set of white 15x8 wagon style i have setting around... Keep it fairly original looking (minus lift of couse)

I just got the Jeep last monday, and trying to find production info... How to determine options, colors, did it come with carpet... Production #s based off Renegade pkg, the color combo, engine/trans combo, etc....

Ordered 4 new Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs & Genuine Weber 32/36 monday... Should be here by friday so i can finally get the CJ on the road since aquiring it in January.

Started a rebuild on the suspension about 2mo ago... Going SOA with YJ springs, 35x12.50s... Will be regearing soon to 4.56 as well... Also picked up a lockrite for the rear.
eryny9ur.jpg
ymu5yqeh.jpg
aqypenad.jpg
date5u5y.jpg

ugamu6y9.jpg

ypymu7aj.jpg

sa3ygepe.jpg

Just ordered some Skyjacker M95 monotubes today. Will be having an XJ front shaft cut & rebuilt for the rear... Also have to the front shaft lengthened. Will have brake hoses made at a local shop.

I've also since last year Rebuilt the head, timing chain replaced, ignition upgraded with Ford Cap & wires, new motor mounts... Not happy with the weber & will be going to a MC2100

Pics of her current status...
Sittin with an XJ I built for a buddy...
f6d4718e1e212bfe8afab90872a8a942.jpg

Rubicon Express SOA Add-a-leafs installed
02db5ee1dbfc86053c3a00e3de431184.jpg

Not much has changed since last update. Jeep went to a couple car shows, but has mostly sat. It's rolling into the shop next week to get front and rear axles overhauled, locked & geared to 4.56. I've got a spare T176 tore down for rebuild.

Scored the uber rare Nutmeg Jeep Softtop by Whitco yesterday for $100, came off a 78 CJ7 an older gentleman had bought new. He prefers bikini top in summer & hardtop in winter, so he safely kept the top stored inside over the last 39yrs! All canvas and windows are soft, clean and pliable like new!

Well I busted the lockright in the rear during late June annual cruise night here in Roanoke...Recently replaced with spartan locker & have about 200 miles on it since!

Spent Saturday & Sunday tweaking my steering & skidplate. I pulled the add-a-leafs out earlier this year, which left my steering wheel about 120* out initally. Had to cut down my draglink & weld in a new threaded bung. Also my belly pan from Barnes essentially created a mild tummy-tuck but had my tcase & trans too far up in the tunnel. Temporarily I put in 1” spacers between bellypan & frame. Early 2019 will pull it out & clock the tcase up to better my angles.

Afterwards I played on my land & our group’s RTI ramp.

Still need to replace my newly found to be leaking water pump!

60ae7648d28b5d41df3fc77c85049303.jpg
0b8f6e819464a9ecedc23770f592ed01.jpg
8fd74c7824a7ed0564abe800b640c0be.jpg

Scored a Factory 20g tank setup today, along with original gauges in good shape (well oil pressure gauge was until I was clumsy & dropped it! ) cost me $100 plus gas & 7hr total trip.

Ran ohm test on the fuel & temp gauges, both check out good, plus I now have the correct 7 digit odometer. Shows 100,269.8

Sadly my true mileage is unknown, but somewhere around 125k. Previous owner put in crappy aftermarket unit... but documents from older/prior inspections lead to my estimated mileage.

0f1247fe70e29b3b673a4cc492e2ae0d.jpg
537c1c7b056daadf804c12b2c4294fec.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks