Looking for a remote for a Warn 8274 winch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a remote for a Warn 8274 winch

Belizean

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7 4 banger-owned since new in 1984 bought off truck at dealership - rebuilding 258, T176 with Sniper EFI D300 4:1 Lomax gears Twin Sticked 1 piece axels with locker
8000 lb capacity, 2 way, introduced in 74, and a three prong plug remote. Old school! I wish you luck friend. If you are to find one I would bet someone on here would have it. I can't believe how much that winch sells for in todays market. It would be super cool to have a working unit.

Is the controller a 38626 unit? It says it fits the 8000 and 8274 winches. Warn shows it on their web site for $125 and Amazon has it listed for $92. I also found this one that looks different and has no part # listed, but says it fits the Warn 8274: 2040-parts.com link

TSB8C. I believe it’s original. How do I tell if the controller is a 38626 unit ? Here is what I believe is the serial number that is on the unit. I called Warn on Friday and their guy on the phone said I could use either remote 38626 or remote 83665 , but with either of those I would have to change out / update the Control Pack 102339 which is $422. I’m not a winch master so I don’t know about that. 140F7604-61A2-4D58-A96B-E639C5608D50.jpeg

The bottom three, JH9, means that your winch was made on October 8, either 1979 or 1989. If the socket on the control pack is metal, it's a 79. If it's plastic then it was built in 89. I think you're are correct on the update.

to be more correct, the 10th of October if 1979, the 11th if 89 :)

The bottom three, JH9, means that your winch was made on October 8, either 1979 or 1989. If the socket on the control pack is metal, it's a 79. If it's plastic then it was built in 89. I think you're are correct on the update.
Exactly right. And either remote will require the control pack be replaced. This control pack (102339) has a different connector style to match newer controllers. It replaces the older controller pack 38845. So it sounds like you really need to locate an older remote control to match your existing controller pack from either the 70's or 80's (metal or plastic socket) rather than buy a new remote that will also require the newer controller pack. You should be able to make a controller or rewire most any winch controller to work on your older 8274. A round trailer light plug can be used for the winch end and just connect the three required wires (GND, IN and OUT) to the correct pins in the plug.

Youtube example
Another example

Thanks. I like the plywood. :punk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks