Misc Light switch stuck in?

Misc Light switch stuck in?

rsamsel

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ7 w/304
Hello all.

New to me 1976 CJ. It's a little bit of a running project.

All big mechanicals work along with the heater, brake lights, and speedo...other than that I'm working through issues.

First weird issue. The headlight switch is stuck in. I assume it pulls out to turn the lights on. It doen't pull out AT ALL. I saw there is a button release on the switch. That doesn't do anything either. Any ideas?

I guess if I can't make it do anything what is the best suggestion for cutting it out and replacing it?

Thank you,
Rob

:welcome:
I've had them stuck before because of rain / rust in an open CJ I bought. One I was able to free up with PB Blaster but the other I had use a cut-off wheel and slice of the stem.

:welcome:
I've had them stuck before because of rain / rust in an open CJ I bought. One I was able to free up with PB Blaster but the other I had use a cut-off wheel and slice of the stem.
I'll start soaking it tonight. This is going to be the definition of a stupid question but it worked like all the old switches work right? IE once out for parking lights and two humps out for parking and headlights....

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks