keep t150 for 258 or th400

keep t150 for 258 or th400

bravo cj7

Jeeper
Thanks
anyone own a 258 with a th400? I am contemplating to install my th400 in place of my T-150 but I dont want to swap and be disappointed! any suggestions? thanks

The TH400 was a factory option from Jeep so the right one will bolt up to either the AMC V8 or I6 but in a CJ I think most of them were set up for the Qudratrac system. It is a fairly strong transmission and can be beefed up. The OEM output shaft from the TH00 to Dana 20 has a 12 spline shaft so to adapt to your stock CJ Dana 20 (assume you have the stock Dana 20 behind your T-150) will need a new shaft unless you have the Dana 20 that came with the transmission from the factory and then that shaft is considered weak. The Quadratrac version has a long output shaft that would need to be changed too should you have that version of the TH400.

The TH400 is pretty long. It worked in the CJ7 because the Quadratrac transfer case had a dropper rear out put which reduced the drive line angle. If you want to keep the Dana 20 that was coupled with the T-150, you could use a tf727 out of a Scout with 258. They are a lot shorter and can be upgraded with the tf904 planetary gear for a 2.74 first gear.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks