Just looking for others thought??

Just looking for others thought??

Kane

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-8 Restomod Scout axles 4 wheel disks, 258, ax15, D300.
OK I have two schools of thought here.

1.) Powder coat the armor black and have the roll cage painted the Orange body color. I really like the black powder coated armor on a painted Jeep look. It makes the vehicle look tough to me. Black is easier to touch up when scratched compared to my metal flake orange.

2.) Paint the armor the body color and the roll cage black. This would be a cleaner look and it would subdue the cage. Sometimes bright cages can look to monkey bar gym looking to me.

Now when the top is on, it will be a black full hard top and body color orange hard doors just for a reference.

So out of the two which would you do?

20150823_150928_zpsuqnuvo42.png

third possibility, loose the armor. paint everything the way it came.:cool:

I am not a fan of armor, can you tell?:D

To each his own. The glass body is thin in the back and I want the added strength so it stays. No a metal body is not a choice for me being in New England I am very glad my CJ5 still looks greats with the 23 year old glass body. I am a fan.

if I'm forced to choose....

I like #3 as well.

Sorry, option #4 - paint it all the body color...armor, roll bar, body. Will make it look more unified - it's a nice rig.

Option 5- Paint the armor and the roll cage black.

Option 5- Paint the armor and the roll cage black.

I'm good with option 5 also. Didn't mention it earlier cause it wasn't offered, but I do think it'd look the best.

third possibility, loose the armor. paint everything the way it came.:cool:

I am not a fan of armor, can you tell?:D

I did not consider the fiberglass, kind of changes everything.

I would say #2.:cool:

Dont know if I would go with powder coat over Rustoleum. I can see good things both ways.

Since I have to pick I'll take option 2 but honestly I don't think you can go wrong either way with a sweet looking Scrambler like that. I really love the color which is what swayed my vote.

Another vote for option #2 :chug:

It is pretty cool to hear others thoughts. I actually ordered another gallon of orange and plan to do everything matching. I can always go and paint it black later but black first is hard to cover later. I should have it painted by the end of September since it is the best temp range and low humidity in my area. I have to think of that since this is a garage paint job.

Oh and on a stock paint side note for you IOPort. I left the inside of my glove box door the original metallic brown and I am going to see if I can find replicas of the oem stickers for it as well. I thought that would be a cool stock touch.

You really can't beat option #2. A nice clean classic look. Anything to sort of hide the armor. You showed great taste by NOT getting diamond plate armor. I've got it on the corners, it cane that way and eventually it will be GONE! Unfortunately it gets it's share of compliments, people, if they don't have my taste they don't have any taste at all. :)

Option 5. I like the way it looks and you can touch up the scuffs on the armor each season. I use rustoleum spray on Berliner on all mine. Comes out pretty much like powder coat.

Wooly

all orange w/ black top and black rollcage.

2nd thought, All orange including top ,

Option 2 or 5. Definitely black roll cage but either black or orange for the body would be fine.

I'm like you. I think fancy painted roll cages scream jungle gym.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks