Jeep CJ-5 original suspension lift kit

Jeep CJ-5 original suspension lift kit

Tolu

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'69 CJ-5, no engine yet, D27, D44
Hello

My first post... I own 1969 CJ5 jeep. I live in Finland. Here car building is very hard because of law. Here maximum suspension lift is 3 inches unless there is some original accessory or suspension lift kit what Jeep offered when you buyed cj...

So i need some special model what i can compare in my jeep.
Is there any sppecial model for example two inches lift kit?

And sorry about my engllish, it is little bit rusty...

Welcome,

The early CJ5’s came with different spring packs. My 71 Renegade 2 came with 13/12 pack. The base model 69 CJ5 came with 6/5 from what I recall others optional models came 9/8. Between the base and optional spring packs there may have been up to an 1 1/2” lift, possibly 2”.

Okey.. do you have any literature about it? I have to show "proofs" when i register changes of car.

The info is in the factory service manual (FSM)
In the FSM the F-head came with 7 in the front and 9 in the rear.
The V6 came with 10 in the front and 5 in the rear.
However, there's lots of variation in leaf count.
Jeep offered a standard and "heavy duty" suspension package for the entire run of the CJ5

https://www.generalspringkc.com/Leaf_Springs_Jeep_CJ_DJ_1945_1975_s/1950.htm

http://oljeep.com/53CjDj/53-71JeepCjDjServiceManual.pdf

I can tell you that my 13/12 leave pack in my 71 would cause your teeth fillings to fall out.

Hope this helps

That was helpful and and interesting. But most important distance is missing. I need to know height between frame and ground with highest suspension from factory.

A lot of leifs in your cj. I have only 4 per corner... My car have six inches lifting kit installed.

That was helpful and and interesting. But most important distance is missing. I need to know height between frame and ground with highest suspension from factory.
Get out a tape measure and measure your Jeep.
If you have a 6" lift subtract 6" for stock height
Measure a leave spring, take that number and multiply it by however many springs you add on be it 5, 7. 9, or 13.

A lot of leifs in your cj. I have only 4 per corner... My car have six inches lifting kit installed.
That is too tall for an 81" wheel base in my opinion.

Get out a tape measure and measure your Jeep.
If you have a 6" lift subtract 6" for stock height
Measure a leave spring, take that number and multiply it by however many springs you add on be it 5, 7. 9, or 13.

That is too tall for an 81" wheel base in my opinion.

It is too tall i admit it. That lifting kit was installed already when i purchased car.

I cannot measure height because car is now totally take apart. I need take all rust off and put v8 under the hood...

Go to the link below you will find more stock CJ5's there, ask for measurements. Very friendly group.

ECJ5

Hello

My first post... I own 1969 CJ5 jeep. I live in Finland. Here car building is very hard because of law. Here maximum suspension lift is 3 inches unless there is some original accessory or suspension lift kit what Jeep offered when you buyed cj...

So i need some special model what i can compare in my jeep.
Is there any sppecial model for example two inches lift kit?

And sorry about my engllish, it is little bit rusty...
Give these guys a shot. Got my 2" lift kit there. Good stuff!
https://www.morris4x4center.com/a-n...5-cj7-and-cj8-scrambler-suspension-parts.html

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks