Clutch Issue w clutch on my new 360

Clutch Issue w clutch on my new 360

Markcj79

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 , 304, T18 tranny
So I got my new amc 360 with upgraded cam installed. Runs like a champ. Only issue im having is after driving for awhile and it gets hot if doesn’t want to go into 1st or reverse. I put the 10.5 clutch from my old 304 back on the 360. Do I need the bigger 11in clutch.? Running a T18 tranny which I also need advice on what 5 speed to swap too.

That sounds more like a transmission problem not a clutch problem. How is the fluid in the transmission?

As far as 5spds go I like the ax15 found in most YJs and TJs up to like 04 there's a few in XJs as well but not as common. Also advance adapters makes a kit for those transmissions.

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

So I got my new amc 360 with upgraded cam installed. Runs like a champ. Only issue im having is after driving for awhile and it gets hot if doesn’t want to go into 1st or reverse. I put the 10.5 clutch from my old 304 back on the 360. Do I need the bigger 11in clutch.? Running a T18 tranny which I also need advice on what 5 speed to swap too.
How much flywheel / disk / pressure plate clearence do you have when the pedal is depressed? It's not dragging when hot, is it?

How much flywheel / disk / pressure plate clearence do you have when the pedal is depressed? It's not dragging when hot, is it?
I wonder even if it was dragging he said 1st and reverse nothing about the other gears. If it's a heat issue while dragging shouldn't cause all gears to act up not just those?

I wonder even if it was dragging he said 1st and reverse nothing about the other gears. If it's a heat issue while dragging shouldn't cause all gears to act up not just those?

I would think so but my thoughts are that the vehicle momentum helps the shifting once you are moving. From a stand still not at all...

I would think so but my thoughts are that the vehicle momentum helps the shifting once you are moving. From a stand still not at all...
I'd like to see what the fluid looks like and if there's anything in it. I know the brass synchros hate the new fluid's

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
I didn’t change tranny fluid when I swapped motors and it was shifting fine before the motor swap. Fluid level is fine doesnt seem old or burned. I adjusted the shift linkage to give me a couple inches of play before it engages when we put it all back together. Since I have the granny gear I always start off in 2nd. So do you think I need to change the tranny oil? If so what do I need to put in?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks