Intake/exhaust opinion

Intake/exhaust opinion
I don't have any issues, getting it set up is pretty straight forward. How to adjust it is usually in the directions with the carb rebuild kit. Once the engine warms up, the choke gets turned off, so it doesn't matter how long the engine is on/electricity is supplied to the choke, once it's off, it's off. It's usually pretty right on as far as the engine cooling off an needing to apply the choke when I start the engine back up after sitting and cooling off too.

Very interesting! Your full of info and knowledge, again thank you. I may be asking you for some help/knowledge sometime in the near future! Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very interesting! Your full of info and knowledge, again thank you. I may be asking you for some help/knowledge sometime in the near future! Thank you again!

No problem, it's been my pleasure :chug:

Let us know, there's lots of CJ knowledge here on this site! I'm headed to bed, it's midnight thirty here on the east coast!

Let us know, there's lots of CJ knowledge here on this site! I'm headed to bed, it's midnight thirty here on the east coast!

Awesome! Get some sleep, thank you and have a good nite

Alright so I got some questions..

I pulled off the intake/exhaust from the other engine and lone and behold, they are both the same part number! Woohoo! So my question is, we established that the intake manifold with the half broken ear will most likely leak? Probably shouldn't use it?

I inspected the old exhaust manifold and found a small crack (not all the way though) where the exhaust meets the bottom of the manifold and another small hairline crack. Probably shouldn't use that either correct?

Just want to make sure before I spend some time swapping all the non smog parts over and cleaning up the manifolds really well. The one I pulled off had some water in the intake manifold and some rust has built up. Shouldn't be a big deal with a nice sandblaster I'm assuming?

So, I would not use the intake manifold with the broken off ear. The main reason is because of the size of the L6 intake manifold, there's just so much surface area to seal, if you're not getting a good seal on just one bolt, you could be leaking. A cracked cast iron exhaust manifold could be repaired, if you find someone who will weld cast iron. Supposedly it's not hard, I've just never found anyone that would. You can pick up a new, probably made in China, but new exhaust manifold from RockAuto for less than $200. But, that's my opinion. As for cleaning up the the intake manifold, take it to your local machine shop, pay them and they'll clean it and sand blast it for you, probably not too much money either.

Let us know how the MC 2100 works in the mountains. I'm using a weber. It does not seem to like to stop in the middle of an incline. It's ok going up. Just doesn't like stopping at an angel on the side of the mountain

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks