Identifying transmission serial number

Identifying transmission serial number

Cjohio

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1975 cj 5 258 4.2 3 speed
I have a 1975 cj 5 258 4.2 and had a Slave cylinder leak on me and I need to replace it. Problem is there’s nothing for that year so I’m assuming the transmission is not the same year as the motor. So I got the numbers off the side of tranny and if somebody could help me decipher what they mean I would appreciate it. Thx..
3-02-065-906 WG Div

I don't think that a hydraulic clutch was available on a 1975 CJ5. Someone retrofitted one. There are several places that make the hydraulic conversions. If you can find a number on the slave cylinder, you may be able to Google it and find a replacement. The transmission numbers pretty much mean nothing as far as the retrofit kit, unless you know what kit you have.

I have a 1975 cj 5 258 4.2 and had a Slave cylinder leak on me and I need to replace it. Problem is there’s nothing for that year so I’m assuming the transmission is not the same year as the motor. So I got the numbers off the side of tranny and if somebody could help me decipher what they mean I would appreciate it. Thx..
3-02-065-906 WG Div

Only part number on the slave is 56 Aisin.

If you can post a picture I bet someone would recognize it and be able to help out.

If you can post a picture I bet someone would recognize it and be able to help out.
:agree:
When I did the hydraulic conversion on our 79 CJ7, I just used a master/slave from an early 80's CJ. You might want to check out someplace like Rock Auto, and look at their pictures.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks