I am needing some informational help

I am needing some informational help

jarhead

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
98 jeep grand cherokee laredo SE 4.0L I6 (full limited pakage)
98 jeep grand cherokee laredo 4.0L I6 (base pakage)
99 jeep grand cherokee limited 4.7L V8 (full limited pakage)
03 jeep grand cherokee laredo (gm LS9 6.2L SC) custom bell housing to keep factory 42re trans 242 transfer relocated spare to hitch reciver that folds down to allow rear hatch to open and added 2nd fuel tank rest is stock laredo pakage
I recently got a 99 jeep grand cherokee Limited with a 4.7L V8 engine and it is full stock. I also found but have not purchased yet a 4.7L I8 stroker and was wondering if the 2 are interchangeable without having to modify the transmission bell housing. If they are not then what engines are interchangeable with the one that is in it. The reason I am changing the engine is that the one in it is locked up (pistons numbered 34578 have all seized and will have to be drilled out due to heat bonding to the cylinder walls). I have not had it tested yet but I believe the block may be cracked as well. I do know that both heads were blown and have visible cracks in them. I do have a copy of every jeep repair book for the cherokee and grand cherokee from 1988 to 2014 but they are not very detailed in the area of the engine to transmission bolt patterns nor spacing (I found this out while working on my 03).

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks