Height dimension of stock cj7

Height dimension of stock cj7

cj7 laredo

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'84 cj7 laredo, 5 spd manual, 6 cyl (116k orig miles)
Hi guys- needing a little info from anyone with a stock suspension CJ7 - I've got an '84 and I'm trying to figure out how much lift it has. I was told it was 2 1/2" - my instincts tells me it's more. I've attached a couple pics to show how I measured - From the bottom of fender flair to center of hub. This takes out the relavance of the tire size. I measured about 21-1/4" . Anybody running stock willing to help me out with their dimension?? Thanks in advance-

Attachments

• IMG_1063[1].jpg
    IMG_1063[1].jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 948
  • IMG_1064[1].jpg
    IMG_1064[1].jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 709
1984 stock CJ7

Pics didn't come out all that great, but got a little over 17" for the front and a little under 22" in the back.

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 556
If the springs are 27 years old they may be sagging.
How do you guys measure up using this method?
_24026.jpg

This only measures the spring. If you have extended shackles that will add to the lift slightly. Stock shackles are 3 inches from bolt to bolt. 5 inch shackles only add one inch of lift since they only lift one end of the spring.

:lpopcorn::beer::lpopcorn::rolleyes:

Wierd....According to Bullseye's measurements, I'm 4" taller (than Bullseye's) in the front and 2" taller in the rear- ...Either Bullseye is saggin' in the front or I'm sagging in the A BAD WORD...or both LOL!!
Using Busa's method - I'm a consistant 3" front and back.....Got scientific with the "broomstick-through-the-shackle" method as a point reference for measurment.....

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks