Heater control cable routing

Heater control cable routing

Scout1067

Old Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ7, 258, T176, D300, D30 front diff, AMC 20 rear diff, Weber Carburetor, BDS 2.5" lift
Where is the anchor supposed to be for the Heater temp control cable? The guy that owned my jeep before me partly disassembled the heater to install a radio (and screwed up the dashboard but that is another story). The heater control cables were all routed wrong and now I cannot seem to find where the heater-side end of temp control cable is supposed to be anchored so that the cable actually operates the lever.

Attachments

• Heater Temp Control.jpg
    Heater Temp Control.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 505
You are missing the bracket that holds the cable that comes from the heat control knob.

IMG_20180605_185011%20(Small).jpg

I knew something was missing. I am guessing that is something I am going to have to have fabricated. At least now I know what it is supposed to look like. Thanks!

You are lucky to have one! Of the last dozen CJ5s I’ve had only two had heaters.
Of course I put them in, I’ve been using some universal ones from Summit Racing. They work MUCH better than the factory ones yet take up 1/3 the space.

I am still figuring out how or even if I want to get a bracket fabricated. I may just leave it as is for now since i can adjust it by hand pretty easily. I definitely think fixing this is going to drop down the priority list

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks