front brake flex line

front brake flex line

jeeper1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1975 cj-5,stock with 2'' lift. 304 engine with headers,motocraft 2100 2 bl carb,3 speed trans,
i'm currently redoing the brake lines on my '75 CJ5 and have everything just about done.but i'm having a problem getting the new flex line to thread into the backing plate on the driver side.the new line on the passenger side threaded on fine,but the driver side just keeps turning and won't thread into the plate,any ideas.should i just take off the backing plate and retap the hole or what.thanks for any advice received.

only if you want it to leak
make sure the PO did not do something like change the size of the fitting
compare the old to the new, you may need a different from stock part

i'm currently redoing the brake lines on my '75 CJ5 and have everything just about done.but i'm having a problem getting the new flex line to thread into the backing plate on the driver side.the new line on the passenger side threaded on fine,but the driver side just keeps turning and won't thread into the plate,any ideas.should i just take off the backing plate and retap the hole or what.thanks for any advice received.

If you do attempt or have to "chase" the threads I believe they are tappered pipe thread and not straight thread so be aware of that, I may be wrong but it would the first time. ;)

If you do attempt or have to "chase" the threads I believe they are tappered pipe thread and not straight thread so be aware of that, I may be wrong but it would the first time. ;)
i might just go up to pull-a-part and get another backing plate off another vehicle just to get this thing done and my jeep back on the road again while it's still warm enough to drive it,thanks for the advice sasquach,appreciate it very much.keep them tires muddy.:D.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks