Engine colors!

Engine colors!

jakeh937

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'79 Cj5, 258 with Howell Fuel injection kit, T18 with dana 20 Tcase, dana 30 front with Detroit locker, AMC 20 rear with LSD and one piece shafts, Warn 8k winch, 1" body lift, 2" suspension lift, 33 tires
Getting ready to paint my engine and wondering what everyone's engines look like with their colors they chose! I'm leaning towards something different.. I'm thinking cat yellow as I work for a cat dealership. I'd leave the dampener black along with the fan and possibly pullies. Leave a picture and let's see those colors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about painting mine but know how hard it is to keep an engine clean. So then I would have a nice clean engine for a short time then a dirty painted engine forever after ��

I went with fire engine red...figured why not the interior is red and it would be different.

I went with fire engine red...figured why not the interior is red and it would be different.

Did you paint everything red? Or did you leave things out for different colors?

I did the 4.0 HO head from a ZJ and EFI from a XJ.

Painted the block and just cleaned those up.

I will dig up some pics.

Wish I did exhaust wrap...it gets hot and even good engine paint gets tarnished

Here's what I wound up with...

image.jpg1_zpsuqs6mnxn.jpg

Wires%202s_zpslnelehsl.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's what I wound up with...

image.jpg1_zpsuqs6mnxn.jpg

Wires%202s_zpslnelehsl.png

Wow that's clean! What paint and color is that?

Thanks - amaizing how much easier it gets when the engine is out.....

Here's a link to the paint. I can't remember who I ordered it from - may have these guys. And for the record - the reviews complained it didn't cover well. Don't believe it. It covered very well..... took less than two cans to do the block, oil pan, valve covers, and all the small stuff. If you scroll thru my build thread you will see I got a little carried away with the engine paint over a couple snow days LOL

http://www.adhesivecentral.com/cgi-...qmuiVpomqouMyk1NMEjYH8KrtDAny0OMScaAurY8P8HAQ

Wow that's clean! What paint and color is that?

X 1 million on the correct AMC blue, mine is currently HEMI orange but it will be the same AMC blue Shum8 painted his with. Mine will have black pulleys blue dampner blue intake and chrome valve covers ...... my inspiration....
1971-amc-hornet-sc-360ci-engine_zpsd4gtcz8m.jpg

Picked up an old retractable power cord....... and had a bunch of leftover paint....... and another snow day.....

879ead8c22e8b75320abb0781a417ccf.jpg

I'm torn between this color and cat yellow. I'm thinking jeep will be more of this cooor IMG_2720.JPG input? I'm thinking black engine bay.

I'd go with whichever you see the least of in your neck of the woods...... and I'm going with a black engine bay as well...

What's your jeep color?

What's your jeep color?

i really like a gloss black Jeep so thats what I am going to paint mine

Right now mine is a couple shades of primer here and there, and a large patch of disassembly...... the original plan was a bright red - even bought the paint and primer. However, since my neighbor wrapped his little Mercedes 2 seater (it is an older one and had faded from red to a funky reddish plum), I'm now leaning toward the wrap. The color name is "Dragon Fire Red". Even as a vinyl, the color appears to be a half inch deep..... Here's a Mustang done in the same stuff:

4370e2af606e7c76a9b727ebb918bcba.jpg

I'm sure the contrast has been boosted, but the color variations due to lighting angles are accurate - kinda creepy they can do that with a vinyl..... i figure if yer gonna go red, GO RED.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks