Electrical Dumb Question

Electrical Dumb Question

TrackRat

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ-5 (3-spd / 304)
fuse box in my 76 (glass fuses) looks to have what could be male blade terminals for a number of circuits. Is that essentially what they are? Can they be simply tapped into with a female connector?

Solution
fuse box in my 76 (glass fuses) looks to have what could be male blade terminals for a number of circuits. Is that essentially what they are? Can they be simply tapped into with a female connector?
Yes they can. Just check first if they are 12v switch or constant

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk
Yes they can. Just check first if they are 12v switch or constant

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Solution
I had an old '77 CJ5 a few years back with that same fuse block. It had some damaged areas due to overheating and lots of rusted connections. Got a used wiring harness from a newer model with the spade type fuses (ATO fuses) and put it right in without issue. I recall paying about $50 for it on eBay. Way cheaper than a new Painless or other brand harness, although those new harnesses are a great way to go if willing to spend the money in them.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom