Misc. Door strap pin

Misc. Door strap pin

Muddler

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
CJ7 ‘85
Can someone post a photo of an installed door strap pin. My CJ7 doesn’t have them and the doors swing open too far. Just received the pins I ordered and I am not sure where to install them.

Here you go. Not only do you need the pins, but you also need the brackets the pins bolt to. Those brackets in turn bolt to the same bolts that hold the lower door hinges on, the brackets on the inside of the tub with the door hinges on the outside and the mounting bolts coming clear through.

strap_pin.jpg
Here are some stock photos of a jeep with hard doors.

strap_pin_2.jpg strap_pin_3.jpg

And here is one of mine (passenger side), along with my doors. My CJ has soft doors (currently hanging on a wall mount), but I still have some straps for the same reason. Made my own straps from some nylon straps on an old luggage bag since I needed something custom to use on my soft doors. One day welding in the shop and the next day sewing in my wife's craft room. Ah - the Jeep life!

strap_pins_4.jpg strap_pins_5.jpg strap_pins_6.jpg

I used 2 footman loops on each side.

Only issue I see with footman loops is when you want to remove the doors. How do you remove the straps, since a footman loop is screwed down on both ends? On mine, the straps are secured to the doors (internal frame area with my soft doors) but then the straps simply slip over the pins in the Jeep. So I can easily slip the straps back off the pins when I take the doors off.

I just loosen 1 screw on the Jeep side and it slips right off. Easy peasy.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks