Does Anyone Know a Source for Good Factory Reproduction Interiors?

Does Anyone Know a Source for Good Factory Reproduction Interiors?

ThisGuyUKnow

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 Laredo 4.0,Nv3550,D300 Twin Stick,AMC20 3.31, 31 BFG
Honda vtx1800c
Im looking to get back into the cj scene soon. Here is the thing. I have a particular cj in the works... (pics to come soon) I am thinking long term here but one thing I have always liked is the Laredo interior in the honey(spice,tanm whatever you wanna call it) with the silver strips.
00j0j_gWghcLpWGPp_600x450_zpseb39edd6.jpg Photo by Thisguyuknow | Photobucket

I have not been able to find a place that sells reproduction of these. I know it would be expensive but I was wondering if anyone knew of a company out there that might make something that looks close.

If your doing searches for them they are Laredo seats in Nutmeg. Their not easy to find and pricey when you do. Its rare when someone has them in good shape and doesnt know what their worth. The Ebay link you have is the only reproduction Ive seen of them and they really are nice. :notworthy:

If your doing searches for them they are Laredo seats in Nutmeg. Their not easy to find and pricey when you do. Its rare when someone has them in good shape and doesnt know what their worth. The Ebay link you have is the only reproduction Ive seen of them and they really are nice. :notworthy:

Yeah Pete, I have noticed the cashiness but for the build I want to do it may be worth it. Looking to take a Cj edition (Laredo,Renegade, Golden Eagle ETC) and restore it to close to factory look with very few modifications.

I haven't acquired a CJ yet I had an 82 Limited and I sold it cause I wanted to restore a old Cherokee Chief. I realized I made a mistake and wish I hadn't gotten rid of the Limited. So currently I am trying to work a deal for a clean Laredo from a buddy in my hometown.

BTW pete where in PA are you? I just moved to Harleysville, PA from Illinois and don't know anyone out this way. If your close by, when I do get a CJ it may be nice to have a wrenching buddy!:chug:

Harleysville isnt too far away , around 70 min or so South of Slatington where Im at. The Laredo I picked up for Vicki had a Nutmeg interior. I love the look but Im not sure Id want to spend that kind of cash for a rig that is meant to see a fair share of off road time. If you do get a Laredo that needs them shoot me a pm. I may have a lead for you then. ;)

My other Cj is a pretty rough 83 Limited. Im going to keep that theme but itll be on 35s with a boatsided Yj tub. It had the Silver Mist exterior with Slate blue interior and the western weave seats. I have the original hardtop from it and Im getting alot of nice panels and emblems from another member here. Im hoping it will look like a Limited with an aggressive off road stance.

Harleysville isnt too far away , around 70 min or so South of Slatington where Im at. The Laredo I picked up for Vicki had a Nutmeg interior. I love the look but Im not sure Id want to spend that kind of cash for a rig that is meant to see a fair share of off road time. If you do get a Laredo that needs them shoot me a pm. I may have a lead for you then. ;)

My other Cj is a pretty rough 83 Limited. Im going to keep that theme but itll be on 35s with a boatsided Yj tub. It had the Silver Mist exterior with Slate blue interior and the western weave seats. I have the original hardtop from it and Im getting alot of nice panels and emblems from another member here. Im hoping it will look like a Limited with an aggressive off road stance.

So i found a guy on the CJ8 forum that had a ton of Laredo interior parts and scored an almost complete setup

Attachments

• 20130912_171225.jpg
    20130912_171225.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 900
Dang, who was that? Kayak green or Red mistress?

Dang, who was that? Kayak green or Red mistress?

If he used the info I gave him it was Engbull. Nice score!

If he used the info I gave him it was Engbull. Nice score!

No it was actually a different member. Set me back pretty good but will be awesome with my project.

Well glad you got what you wanted in the end. I knew it wasnt gonna be cheap. ;)
I am hoping i can recoup at least half the cost off of the black/silver seats that are already in it. They are not original but they are really good quality repros

I am hoping i can recoup at least half the cost off of the black/silver seats that are already in it. They are not original but they are really good quality repros

I think we"ve gone long enough without seeing this Cj now! Pust have Pics!:chug:

I think we"ve gone long enough without seeing this Cj now! Pust have Pics!:chug:

Here are pics of the seats. I referred to. Pictures of the whole jeep will be a new thread.

Attachments

• IMG_6754.jpg
    IMG_6754.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5317.jpg
    IMG_5317.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 179
Those are beautiful. Brings to mind "you get what you pay for". No way you find seats that look like that for cheap.

Those are beautiful. Brings to mind "you get what you pay for". No way you find seats that look like that for cheap.

Thats one of the things I love about that site. They have a deep appreciation for NOS parts and a good group of people as well. For Scrambler specific stuff theres nowhere better to go. :notworthy:

those black ones are what come with the Jeep and they are very good repros. You have to be a real CJ aficionado to know the difference. I will be replacing them with the factory Honey interior I posted on the first page. The honey ones arent perfect but they are close and they are factory! Hopefully will have full jeep pics tomorrow or the next day.

Duh, I saw the skins and commented on the last page.

On the repro's the purse stripe doesn't look quite right (I had to look twice), but honestly they are still beautiful seats. You outta be able to get a pretty penny for them. Do you have seat frames for your new skins?

Duh, I saw the skins and commented on the last page.

On the repro's the purse stripe doesn't look quite right (I had to look twice), but honestly they are still beautiful seats. You outta be able to get a pretty penny for them. Do you have seat frames for your new skins?

No not yet. At first my plan was to install them in the current seat s and sell just the skins but I am thinking I may be better off finding good seats that need reupholstery and selling the black ones whole. Really just the front two seats the fold and tumble seat cover just zips on and off and doesn't. Need to be professionally done.

Thought I might be able to get more for the black seats it'd they came with the whole frame.

I think you are correct and will have an easier time selling your seats complete.

Now you have to find some OEM seats that aren't rusted out to put your new skins on!

I think you are correct and will have an easier time selling your seats complete.

Now you have to find some OEM seats that aren't rusted out to put your new skins on!

keep your eyes open. Like I said just need fronts. there is no reason to look for a replacement rear because the cover just zips on and off like on a couch cushion so you dont need an upholster to set you up.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks