Diagnostic scanners

Diagnostic scanners

Buuushman

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77' CJ-5, 360 c.i. motor, T-176 trans, D-300 transfer case w\ twin sticks, Dana 30 front, A.M.C. 20 rear w/ 4.10's, solid axles & trac-lok, 2.5" lift Y.J. springs.
I recently acquired an Innova 3130 diagnostic scan tool as a trade for some welding work. The unit itself works great- even has the enhanced codes for Chrysler - Jeep vehicles and live data but the code definitions are pretty vague, even with the included software. My issue is, not being an A.S.C. certified mechanic, I can't get an account with Innova for the full definitions and repair procedures. They want me to pay $10.00 PER CODE:eek: for this and give me no other options. This could easily turn into paying $30.00 + to find out that the coolant was low, the battery had been disconnected at some time, and the pass. front tire was low on air. does anyone know of a way around this, or maybe a more user friendly website that has definitions and repair procedures?

Thanks for any info- Bushman

I recently acquired an Innova 3130 diagnostic scan tool as a trade for some welding work. The unit itself works great- even has the enhanced codes for Chrysler - Jeep vehicles and live data but the code definitions are pretty vague, even with the included software. My issue is, not being an A.S.C. certified mechanic, I can't get an account with Innova for the full definitions and repair procedures. They want me to pay $10.00 PER CODE:eek: for this and give me no other options. This could easily turn into paying $30.00 + to find out that the coolant was low, the battery had been disconnected at some time, and the pass. front tire was low on air. does anyone know of a way around this, or maybe a more user friendly website that has definitions and repair procedures?

I may be able to help you find a way around this check out this site XXX and then search what you may need and see if you can find it and if you do then download a program called Utorrent and you can google that and download it free. and use utorrent to download the program you may need.

NOTE: NO FILE SHARING LINKS OF ANY KIND ON THIS SITE! -CJ
While they may be used for legitimate purposes, we all know the underlying intent of torrents. -CJ

List the codes - I'll see what I can find using my software for my laptop.

Thanks for the offer CJ- I'm not sittin' on anything right now, but I may hit you up the next time the situation arises. It just kinda irks me that you can pay upwards of $300.00 for one of these things and they wanna squeeze your nuts for the info too, like everyone is made of money.

Thanks for the offer CJ- I'm not sittin' on anything right now, but I may hit you up the next time the situation arises. It just kinda irks me that you can pay upwards of $300.00 for one of these things and they wanna squeeze your nuts for the info too, like everyone is made of money.

Its all to do with greed and i agree you pay 300 for a scanner the support should be included or id return the scanner i bought vista on my computer and when i changed my hardrive it gave me total agravation plus it was ram hungry i returned it to futureshop and sent mr gates a strong letter im useing xp now and ill stick with it i still think if i buy a program then i should be able to use it on every computer i own without buying a seperate licence for each the guys a billionaire enough is enough :confused:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom