D-ring isolators

D-ring isolators

Petescj

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ-7 258 / T-18 / Dana 300 31 in All Terrains.
1978 CJ-7 304 / TH 400 / Quadratrac 32 in Mud Terrains
I got two pair of Daystars D-ring isolators the other day. The idea is that they fit inside the D-ring and as your rings swing the polyurethane hits your bumper instead of the ring itself. It doesnt work , atleast in my application. The polyurethane doesnt go up high enough and the d-ring itself still hits my bumpers. So much for ridding myself of the clankity clank and saving my paint. :(

Wouldn't the isolator need to go around the outside of the d-ring?

attachment.php

I used some cut up large diameter fuel line for years! I just slid it on and off as needed?

-

Here's my cure for clanky D's Go out and buy a cheap can of plasti coat and dip half the shackle. problem solved.

I always had tow hooks before. Just throwing it out there so others dont waste their money. I already did it for you. :rolleyes:

I actually prefer the D ring to the hook. On a winch pull I will only use a D ring when possible, and save the hook for a light tug. Years ago, I actually had my sweatshirt ripped right off of me when a hook slipped on a winch pull. It slung out about 10' off line and grabbed my shirt just under my left arm and ripped it right off of me, and threw me about 5 feet. I haven't trusted a hook on a winch pull since!!

Yea, D-rings are the way to go!

Plasti-dip them or do as I do, and figure it just adds one more little noise I can't hear over the exhaust anyways!

Oh I understand the benefits of the D-rings over the hooks. Personaly I like to take my shirt off with my own hands thank you. :eek: Thats why I had them built into my bumpers. I guess I'll have to do a 360 swap in this one too so i dont notice it anymore. :D Actually I like the plasti-dip idea.:chug:

I got two pair of Daystars D-ring isolators the other day. The idea is that they fit inside the D-ring and as your rings swing the polyurethane hits your bumper instead of the ring itself. It doesnt work , atleast in my application. The polyurethane doesnt go up high enough and the d-ring itself still hits my bumpers. So much for ridding myself of the clankity clank and saving my paint. :(

We've always used heater hose or radiator hose on them.

Until I saw the fancy ones from Daystar, I wasn't aware that anyone made something specifically for the rings....

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks