convert intake and exhaust manifolds to studs from bolts?

convert intake and exhaust manifolds to studs from bolts?

smbundy13

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7, 258 I6, SR4, D300. Power steering, power brakes. Stock axles stock susp. Gentle rehab in progress.
I am upgrading my '80's intake and exhaust manifolds to a newer models' that arent bolted together. I am getting them for close to free from a friend.

I have seen people talk about converting to studs from bolts. based on my searches and reading, there are already two studs for alignment of the exhaust manifold.

are yall replacing all of the mounting bolts with studs? if so, can you point me in the direction of the correct hardware?

thanks for your help!

Are they bolted together under the carb for that vintage, or just share the mounting to the head?

No the aren't as he has said.

correct, the intake and exhaust i am "upgrading" to are the newer versions that dont bolt together.

Here is what I ordered from McMaster Carr

78aef8bd5089096b01267863fd7bef5d.jpg

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks