Comparison of Indian SUVs with Jeep etc

Comparison of Indian SUVs with Jeep etc

justhandsome

Jeeper
Thanks
Hi Guys ,
This is my first post here ,I must say I am impressed with the Knowledge and the interest of the posters in here !! :notworthy:
Well I would like to add some indian spice in these discussions ,like lets say we can have a different point of view from the EAST.
Most people in india always look for two things before buying any SUV ,
fuel efficiency and price .
In india Tata brand name is very popular and hence we used to have SUVs like Safari very popular earlier ,but now with the entry of other brands we also see the Fords and Hondas on the roads namely the Honda -CRV and Ford Endeavor .But to be very frank the really huge monsters like Jeep and Hummer are not meant for indian road conditions :) ...but ill love to own one of them sometime in my life .

So do you have any small 4x4s for off road? Or do you just not drive off road?

I used to have a Tata Safari 4 X 4 which I used to take for a spin off road a few times ..but yeah last few years have been really busy with work etc .So lately I havent been on a trip off road driving myself but with a few friends we go out some times .
Here the off road would basically mean going to a remote village with so called roads which only SUVs and 4 X 4 s can handle ,so visit to a few remote temples or some river side or lake side is the max for me.

I used to have a Tata Safari 4 X 4 which I used to take for a spin off road a few times ..but yeah last few years have been really busy with work etc .So lately I havent been on a trip off road driving myself but with a few friends we go out some times .
Here the off road would basically mean going to a remote village with so called roads which only SUVs and 4 X 4 s can handle ,so visit to a few remote temples or some river side or lake side is the max for me.

Post some pics up if you have any. I would like to see what you drive and where you go.:)

I've been watching the Mahindra 4x4 Pik-Up that is supposed to reach the US in the next year. The compact size and diesel engine are appealing to me. How is the reputation in India for daily use, off road, and reliability?

Mahindra is a strong player here in india ,with good products that can last for a life time ,especially the tractors ,then there is a scorpio which is kind of an SUV ..so I definitely think that Mahindra 4 X 4 pickup can be a choice for u ,if u r lookin for a low cost sturdy vehicle .
I heard last that they r lookin for buyin a factory or somethin in the US .

Post some pics up if you have any. I would like to see what you drive and where you go.:)

Sure man ! thanks for taking interest I am planning to post a few pictures ,although to tell you frankly I am not that much comfortable in posting photos on the web !! may b ill make a small exception for u :-)

Sure man ! thanks for taking interest I am planning to post a few pictures ,although to tell you frankly I am not that much comfortable in posting photos on the web !! may b ill make a small exception for u :-)

Looken forward to see'n some.:chug:

Unless you're naked in those piks, there's no reason to be uncomfortable about posting up pictures. It's easy to do, and we provide an easy to use gallery to post up. Sharing photos is perfectly safe, and a great way to share your experiences with others.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom