cj7 first car

cj7 first car

jeep cj7 304

Active Jeeper
Thanks
i got my jeep as a project for me and my dad to work on when i was 13. first it started off that we were just gonna make it run and then begin to modify it but then we decided that we should just rip it apart. so we fully rebuilt the motor and threw together the amc 304 with new headers, cam, 4 barrel edelbrock performer intake manifold and edelbrock 650 carb. we took off all the emmisions junk and threw on what you could call an exhaust (two LOUD side mounted glasspacks). then we threw the motor in with a T-150 3 speed transmission and Dana 20 transfer with stock AMC20 and Dana 30 axles. i am just waiting til i snap those weak links before i replace them. i stripped out the old suspension and put on a 4 inch spring lift with 1 inch shackles and a 1 inch body lift, for a total of 6 inches. i then threw on some 36 inch super swamper tsl radials with a full size spare. I stripped out the nasty shag carpet and left it bare floor with some new racing style high back seats wiht 4 point harnesses. now i am beginning to work on the body so it can look as good as it performs.

now its time for pictures...

Very nice, Engine looks great dressed out like that, and just remimber all of the work you have put into it when your buddies bet you that you cant make it through that hole. (mistake i made)

Its gonna be hard but keep her Clean

Cant wait until my project gets on the road!

Very nice! At 16 you have something to be proud of (well actually any age)... Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Welcome aboard! :grinjeep:

I'm very jealous, but as Fishinfool says, be careful! Have you got any more photographs of her in action?

The removal of the carpet sounds like one of the best ideas of the build.

I do love the mentality of waiting for the links to give up before you change them. That's true Jeeper spirit :D

The engine looks positively sexual. :chug:

I too, started at a very young age with my first Cj restoration project.

it is best to start at a young age, when enthusiasm for all things big and metal seems to be the best bet in an adolecent male's mind!

Nice job, good pics, and good luck with the competition.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom