Body Cj7 fiberglass tub installing oe tailgate

Body Cj7 fiberglass tub installing oe tailgate

Brad88yj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 jeep cj7
I recently purchased a fiberglass tub and there’s no cut out for the oe tailgate. Has anyone ever modified one of these tubs to fit the oe tailgate? If so pictures and whatever tips would be appreciated.

This guy has a 4 part series on utube doing just this
tailgate to cj7 tub

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Embedded video --CJ

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
At what point do your ripped/torn jeans just become a pair of "Daisy Dukes"?

At first I was like why is this guy writing on the post about daisy dukes then I watched the video! Lol
I have some fairly grubby/ripped jeans to wear when wrenching on stuff, but at some point you just gotta let 'em go. Cut up for new grease rags or something...

I recently purchased a fiberglass tub and there’s no cut out for the oe tailgate. Has anyone ever modified one of these tubs to fit the oe tailgate? If so pictures and whatever tips would be appreciated.
Ayuh,..... I've got a '63 CJ 5, with probably a '70s vintage glass tub,....

No way in 'ell, I'd attempt addin' a tailgate, as the back panel is structural, it holds the sides in shape,.....

As a boat rebuilder for years, ya gotta figure out, what supports what, before ya start cuttin' glass,......

Have you installed it yet? I have an older never installed fiberglass tub from 4wd hardware any helpful hints, suggestions?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom