Cj7 engine swap

Milwalki

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 CJ7
AMC 304
4-speed standard
Alright my 84 CJ7 has a 304 in it. My dads been harassing me about putting a 350 in it. I dont know whether or not to rebuild the 304 or bite the bullet with the 350. Its got a 3 or 4 inch lift so it sits pretty high if that matters. Also leaning towards efi, any thoughts? Thanks

How you intend to use it should be your first consideration. When you put that thing in low range with any engine, the torque to the wheels is multiplied by the low range gear ratio. This puts a lot of load on either engine.

Take a look at the costs associated with the Chevy swap, it involves motor mounts, exhaust, radiator, wiring, trans adapter

The 304 is a good motor, with a little more compression and a better intake manifold it would be a great combo

Also the bigger 350 will put more stress on the rest of your drivetrain, your AMC20 definitely would need 1 piece axles

Sent from couch using Tapatalk

Build a AMC 360 or 401 and it's a bolt in.
That bow-tie deal, ain't all it's crack'd up to be. ;)
LG

AMC 360. Great engine & plenty of power. I had a 350 Chevy in my Jeep for 15 years and i went back to an AMC 360. Never looked back.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks