CJ Bushwacker Flares

CJ Bushwacker Flares

itsmycj8

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ8, 350, T350, 14bolt, 10 bolt
Hey yall,

I was wondering if anyone here has or has seen a set of those old blocky bushwacker flares that they used to have for Jeep CJ/YJ? I used to have a set about 20 years ago and I'd love to find another set. The attached pic is kinda what they looked like when Jeep/Bushwacker put them on a YJ Renegade. The ones I bought for my CJ were much blockier and more squared off.

Thanks,

Devon

Attachments

• jeep-jeep-wrangler-renegade-jeep_dc57e.jpg
    jeep-jeep-wrangler-renegade-jeep_dc57e.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 166
I found a pic of exactly the flares Im looking for, arent they beautiful?

Attachments

• Bushwacker fenders2.jpg
    Bushwacker fenders2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 239
The end product doesn't look much like a CJ. I'm a CJ guy myself so I'd have to say, no they aren't all that nice. But, that's just me. I know that sounds kind of negative.

Are they metal or fiberglass or plastic add-on parts and pieces? They kinda' look like those ground effect kits for rice burners? I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

I hope you find a set if it makes you happy. Not my style.

Welcome to the site!
They stopped making them(IIRC)because no one was buying them.
LG

I'll go against the flow of all the others (sorry y'all :D ) I like them! I was looking for a set too, at one point... I had no luck. I only once found a set on Craigslist, but the seller wanted a small fortune for them. I needed something like that to cover my tires, but have since gone a slightly different direction. I still like the "wide body" look, though. Good luck!

BTW - try searching for "Renegade" flares. That's what the wrangler version is called, and what some refer to the CJ ones as.

Nothin' wrong with liking them, different strokes for different folks. The boxy ones make a CJ look a little like a Hummer or one of the newer 4 door Chrysler jeeps. When I talked to a dealer they said that Fiat leaned hard on the Hummer for the design style of the newer jeeps.

Last edited:
The 94 Renegade had pretty much the same treatment. It was the MOPAR version and didn't last much longer than the CJ attempt. We use to call them Tupperware jeeps. Different strokes. Not too bad in real life, it just doesn't fair well in photo

Wow! That's different. They most likely are fiberglass. I would imagine based on the other responses that they we not popular enough to sustain the market. You could however, make your own fiberglass fender flares. Never worked with fiberglass? There are some really good books out there and u-Tube videos. Making the mold is the fun part. Most people use wood to accomplish that. Good Luck.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks