CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Filed under: Concept Cars, SUVs, China, Etc., Jeep

Click above for high-res gallery of the Chinese Jeep Hurricane clone

We've seen before how companies in China can take a radical concept design never meant for mass production, modify it a bit and offer it for sale. The latest evidence of such activity can be seen in the Jeepzter. Ostensibly a replica of the Jeep Hurricane concept from 2005, the Chinese replica does away with the dual 5.7L HEMI V8 engines for a single 650cc unit. That lone powerplant sits up front and powers the rear wheels, not all four like the concept. Of course, it goes without saying that the ridiculous turning ratio of the Hurricane has been lost in transformation, as well.

In reality, what we have here is a normal run-of-the-mill off-road utility vehicle with a plastic body cribbed from the classic Jeep concept. We're a bit fuzzy on how this sucker is "street legal" as claimed in the Craigslist ad, so we'd definitely check with your local authorities before actually making a purchase. If you just want to have a Jeep Hurricane-looking thing sitting in your garage, though, now is your chance. Thanks for the tip, toddo!

Gallery: Chinese Jeep Hurricane clone

[Source: Craigslist]Chinese clone wars: "Jeepzter" Hurricane replica originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 06 Oct 2008 12:32:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

re: Chinese clone wars: "Jeepzter" Hurricane replica

Absolutely MESSED UP! The Chinese will copy anything and screw it up!