Cell Phone?

Cell Phone?

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Believe it or not, this techno geek and a half hasn't had a cell phone for almost five years. I got really frustrated with work calling at all hours and dumped the plan - also was fed up with billing and such... :mad:

I have decided to dump my land line and enter the world of cell phone users again - I'm single so I really have no need for both a land based and cell based phone - so - by by wired!

I sopped by Verizon and was able to put my hands on a new Blackberry Storm and I HAVE to have this phone - techno geek mode was ACTIVATED!

Anyone have any thoughts on Verizon? They seem to about the only service in my out of the way, neck of the small town, woods - I'm pretty much stuck with them.

Let me hear good or bad.

Thanks,

Verizon good, go with Verizon. Also make sure to get Verizon DSL. Go Verizon!

(What? Who do I work for? Uhm..... a telecommunications company. Which one? Oh, one of them. Gotta go.... )

Verizon good, go with Verizon. Also make sure to get Verizon DSL. Go Verizon!

(What? Who do I work for? Uhm..... a telecommunications company. Which one? Oh, one of them. Gotta go.... )
LOL - I'm having trouble typing this I'm chuckling so hard...

I'm gonna guess that umm... Well umm... I should go with... Maybe Verizon?

So - what do you think of the new Blackberry phone? Seen it? I think I'm in love... The screen CLICKS!!! Techno Geek Mode on Again!!!

Well - Myself and Verizon are now business partners.

The best part is, using our corporate account leverage I was able to get the phone I wanted cheaper then without the leverage, and that is without even a one year contract! Once I placed the order on line and entered my work information the total readjusted and bam!

I'm a pretty happy camper right now...

KW802 - does that mean you work for me now? :) LOL

Well - Myself and Verizon are now business partners.
So did you get the Storm or a different model?

KW802 - does that mean you work for me now? :) LOL
Different division. :D But if you have ever received anything from Verizon Online (DSL modem, router, filter, etc.), certain Verizon Business equipment, or even some video equipment with Verizon FiOS, then the package most likely came from my location.

1) So did you get the Storm or a different model?

2) Different division. :D But if you have ever received anything from Verizon Online (DSL modem, router, filter, etc.), certain Verizon Business equipment, or even some video equipment with Verizon FiOS, then the package most likely came from my location.
1) Bought the storm... I'll give a review when I get it...

2) Well - Indirectly - you do work for me... :) They have already shipped me the phone, should be here Monday.

Verizon is pretty much the only option up here. And luckily, I haven't had any issues with them. I get a discount through my employer too. It's kind of funny, a guy at one of the stores looked up how much my new phone would be and got mad. His discount wasn't as good as my discount. :D

Only drawbacks that I've come across are that you can't go international unless you have one of their high dollar plans. But judging by the phone you're getting, that shouldn't be an issue. And you can't use an iPhone on their network. Well... not out of the box anyway...

They're sending me a new phone on Monday though. For some reason, my phone's calendar shows Dec. 31 on a Wednesday then Jan 1st is on a Sunday! Not only that but the 2nd.... Is on the following Thursday! :eek:

They're sending me a new phone on Monday though. For some reason, my phone's calendar shows Dec. 31 on a Wednesday then Jan 1st is on a Sunday! Not only that but the 2nd.... Is on the following Thursday! :eek:
I've seen shows about Vermont, you are in a different world up there... :D

Don't believe everything that you see on Newhart

Not everyone up here is like Larry, Darrel and Darrel... Some. But not everyone... :D

Well - spent the last four hours or so just getting introduced to the new CrackBerry... Whew - way to much stuff to learn for an old geezer like me... :D

Im too late on this one.

I had sprint. I like their unlimited plan.

Now I have AT&T (back on my husband's plan) and it aint too bad.

The people I know that have Verizon dont complain a whole lot.

WOW! I just loaded the Garmin GPS map app and all I can say is WOW! Did I say WOW! It is exactly like a Garmin standalone GPS - has all the same menus, voice prompts, 3d map scrolling and more. WOW!

The best thing is that the phone GPS is unlocked and I found a copy of the app for free (don't tell Garmin)...

WOW!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks