Carb/Manifold/Header Setup 258

Carb/Manifold/Header Setup 258

74G8R2

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ7, 6-258, T176, D300, D30, AMC60, all original
New DD: 2016 Rubicon Hard Rock, BDS 2" lift, Toyo tires
Restoring my 1980 CJ7 and want to upgrade the left side of the engine a bit. Original 258 overhauled by a professional shop and cam upgraded to a Comp Cam X4250H. After surveying as many threads as I think I can absorb, here's the setup I'm considering and would appreciate constructive feedback on the combination including pros, cons, better solutions. Don't want to use original iron manifolds and curb appeal also plays into the performance goal.

CJ will be a football tailgate toy to pass on to kids/grandkids and be driven mostly on the street. Thanks in advance for the help, and here's a picture of current condition just to whet your appetite. See my signature for the rebuild thread. Be safe out there and thanks again.

Holley 4160, 390 CFM, 4bbl, electric choke, vacuum secondary (Summit Racing)
Offenhauser 5999DP, dual plane, 4bbl (Summit Racing)
Hedman Headers 99606, High Temp Coating, dual outlets

Attachments

• IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 43
Great looking build you have going on there. Next for me is the OME lift so Ill have to ask you about that when the time gets closer. I have the setup I think you are considering minus the cam. I bought mine in Dec and it came with the Offy 6257DP, Holley 8007 390 CFM, and full Borla exhaust. I think the 4160 number is in reference to something else (maybe the secondaries?) The number 4160 is ALL OVER their webstite on almost on every model. I went by the video on their website on where to find my part number. Also I looked at the manifold you mentioned and it doesn't look like it has a place to mount power steering but the 6257 does. Mine runs well and I'm happy with it but I think it might run better after I sort things out. Seems the PO has the vac advance hose and the full vac manifold hose reversed and when I switch them it runs terribly. Got a timing light coming tomorrow so maybe I can get it running better.

Thanks for the reply Marsh Dweller, I was beginning to wonder if my recent posts have been working. I double checked and the Offy 5999DP does have attach points for the PS pump bracket. Good luck with your new CJ.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks