Misc. Cape Canaveral Fl Rocket Launches

Misc. Cape Canaveral Fl Rocket Launches

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Thought I would post some videos and pictures of some of the rocket launches I see from my home or when I can from the Cape. Most are boring but at least I get to see them... :chug:

From today 10/04/2022 @ 5:36 pm.

ULA Atlas V SES-20 & SES-21​

OCT 04, 2022 05:36 PMSPACE LAUNCH COMPLEX 41 • CAPE CANAVERAL SPACE FORCE STATION

MISSION:​

A United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket will launch the SES-20 and SES-21 communications satellites. SES-20 and SES-21 will provide C-band television and data services over the United States. The rocket will fly in the 531 vehicle configuration with a five-meter fairing, three solid rocket boosters, and a single engine Centaur upper stage.

DJI_0129.JPG

When you get close enough they are all pretty cool. I was able to see a couple of shuttle launches, the first up really close on a boat before the Challenger accident. After that things were pushed back for viewing safety.

My 1st up close was Apollo 11 in 69. After that I rarely missed any launches. Blew me away and later its what got me into aerospace.
Only missed two shuttle launches and loved it when the windows rattled from the sonic booms when it landed at the cape.

Cant wait for Nov. 12th when they try to get the Artemis off of the ground again

I’ve heard that double sonic boom twice in Palos Verdes California at my aunts house when the shuttle would land at Edwards AFB.

Todays launch was great, you can see it start going towards the right in the video then I pan the drone.

NASA's SpaceX Crew-5​

OCT 05, 2022 12:00 PMLAUNCH COMPLEX 39A • KENNEDY SPACE CENTER

NASA and SpaceX will soon launch the fifth crewed mission to the International Space Station (ISS) as part of NASA's Commercial Crew Program (CCP). The crew consists of NASA astronauts Nicole Mann and Josh Cassada, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency's (JAXA) Koichi Wakata, and Roscosmos cosmonaut Anna Kikina.

DJI_0159.JPG

DJI_0180.JPG

sx1.JPG

If you click on full screen the video is easier to watch.
fs1.JPG

What is the distance from your drone to the rocket in miles ?

Best launch in a long time. :chug: Gonna get us back to the moon... I couldn't see it from the ground at home but my drone was at 250 feet so I caught it until it went behind the clouds. It defiantly lit up the sky. :notworthy:

NASA SLS Artemis I​

NOV 16, 2022 01:04 AMLAUNCH PAD 39B • KENNEDY SPACE CENTER
NASA is targeting the next launch attempt of the Artemis I mission for Wednesday, Nov. 16 with liftoff of the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket carrying the Orion spacecraft planned during a 120-minute launch window that opens at 1:04 a.m. EST.

THE VISITOR COMPLEX WILL OPEN ON NOVEMBER 15, 2022 AT 8:00 PM FOR GUESTS.​

PLEASE PLAN FOR INCREASED TRAFFIC.​

Artemis I is the first test of NASA’s deep space exploration systems, with the Orion spacecraft launching atop the massive Space Launch System (SLS) rocket. This mission is the first in a series of missions to demonstrate NASA’s ability to extend human existence to the Moon and beyond.

DJI_0350.JPG

Nice sunset launch of the heavy last evening. It was one of the few times the boosters descend and land at the cape. I faintly heard the sonic booms as they slowed.
I zoomed in at launch and as they descend. The video fades and splits @ 1':20".
There was a helicopter in the area so I stayed @ 160'.

SpaceX Falcon Heavy USSF 67​

JAN 15, 2023 05:00 PMLAUNCH COMPLEX 39A • KENNEDY SPACE CENTER

TODAY'S LAUNCH HAS BEEN SCRUBBED. SPACEX WILL ATTEMPT THE LAUNCH AGAIN TOMORROW, JANUARY 15, 2023 WITH THE LAUNCH WINDOW OPENING AT 5:00 PM ET.​

A SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket will launch the USSF 67 mission for the U.S. Space Force. The mission will launch the Space Force's second Continuous Broadcast Augmenting SATCOM, or CBAS 2, communications satellite and the Long Duration Propulsive ESPA 3A, or LDPE 3A, rideshare satellite hosting multiple experimental payloads.
For this launch, the Falcon Heavy's two side boosters will land on landing zone 1 and landing zone 2 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station, and the core stage will be expended. During this double landing, you will be able to see the boosters descend back towards the landing zones, like seen in the video below, and then experience a double sonic boom from their re-entry.

I don’t know why, but not having any luck getting your video to play. 455F4717-78D9-410F-BED9-068FECB5BFBB.png

Must just be my iPad. Just charged the chrome book and working there. Thanks

Thanks. This picture is better than what I saw in the video

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks