can someone measure their dash for me?

mylittlecj5

RIP Mike, we'll all miss you
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'74 CJ-5,
360 AMC Engine.
35x12.50x15 TSL Super Swamper tires.

In a frame off rebuild for a long time...
some of you know I am working away from home right now.
I am trying to design the new dash in my '74 CJ5 and I forgot to get measurements before I flew out this last time.
Can someone get the length and width of the dash, and also where the speedo sits in relation to the steering column?
Thanks guys. :chug:

in a related note, I am thinking of using these guys to make the new panel, with all the custom guages I have now.

Jeep CJ Dashes

57 long 10 wide and about 14" from center of steering column to center of speedo cluster. The speedo is about 5.5" across. This is from my 78 CJ7.

your speedo is closer to the passenger side than mine, right? But the basic dimensions are good for me. thanks CW.

I did my own using piece of aluminum and a bit of angle iron. I used the angle iron as a brake to bend the bottom lip. It didn't take long at all. I used a belt sander to 'brush' the dash and remove all the paint from the aluminum.

I actually left room for two more small gauges in the dash on the RH side of the cluster.

Be careful with a 76 and up dash panel. Isn't the steering column opening different then a pre 76?

If you want bolt hole spacing and ans such I can measure them for you.

Here is a front and rear shot.

your speedo is closer to the passenger side than mine, right? But the basic dimensions are good for me. thanks CW.

Slightly to the left. It's about 27" from the drivers side edge to the center of the of the speedo.Pik to clarify.
009a.jpg

I did my own using piece of aluminum and a bit of angle iron. I used the angle iron as a brake to bend the bottom lip. It didn't take long at all. I used a belt sander to 'brush' the dash and remove all the paint from the aluminum.

I actually left room for two more small gauges in the dash on the RH side of the cluster.

Be careful with a 76 and up dash panel. Isn't the steering column opening different then a pre 76?

If you want bolt hole spacing and ans such I can measure them for you.

Here is a front and rear shot.

My plan (kinda) is to make a turn-out so the gages are facing towards the driver with the speedo in the 'flat' area.
I've seen these a couple times, and I like the look. The only thing I am worried about is leg room for the passengers knee.

CJ, these guys make custom panels, so they should be able to adjust for the differences in the steering column location if I decide to go with them. I just needed the basic dimensions so I can try my hand at google sketchup again.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks