Body Body to hardtop fitment ?

Body Body to hardtop fitment ?

Bondo

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1963 willys cj 5 dauntless V6, auto.
Hi all,..... Does anybody know how much effort is required to fit a CJ2a hardtop onto an early CJ5,..??

My new to me, '63 CJ5 with a glass body, probably modeled after the slightly later bodies, aka: '68 to '72, I think,.....
Anyways, it needs a top,....

I stumbled onto an aluminum hardtop that came off a CJ2a,.... A really Cool lookin' top, but I fear the 2A might be a smaller tub,.... or different windshield dimensions,....
It's a long drive from here, 'n the guy is goin' to get me some measurements from it,... If it's close, I may go get it, 'n try to adapt it,...

I have the original bows, hardware, 'n 1-pc. doors, but the canvas is long gone, 'n the door canvas is in really sorry shape,....
I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on any of the replacement tops, as I'm unsure whether they'll fit,....
I kinda like the Smittybilt replacements, with the tinted aft windows,.....
I'm just alittle nervious 'bout droppin' a grand on a roof that don't fit,.....

So, I'm open to suggestions on what might fit, 'n hints to Id my glass tub,.....

im fairly certain that you are looking at two completely different animals heres. the 2a is pretty much on par with the military m38 while the 5s were more like the military m38a1s. and the fact that you said it has a glass tub more likely from the later gen 5s i don't think its going to even be close.

if you have all the hardware and just need canvas try best top ive always had good luck with there tops in the past

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

im fairly certain that you are looking at two completely different animals heres. the 2a is pretty much on par with the military m38 while the 5s were more like the military m38a1s. and the fact that you said it has a glass tub more likely from the later gen 5s i don't think its going to even be close.

if you have all the hardware and just need canvas try best top ive always had good luck with there tops in the past

Ayuh,..... Thank you,..... I believe yer probably right, but I'm hopein' not,.....
I've been surfin' the net, 'n found the hardtop to be a Myers, sold by Sears,.... Also found 2 different pictures of CJ5s with the same roof on 'em,.... 'course, that means nothing, as the tops were sold throughout the '50s, 'n were some made for the CJ5s,....

I just find 'em to be the Coolest lookin' hardtops,.....
01111_bbflWTFSuSrz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

definitely want to say that is for a 2a or m381873bc76c4b270b411f9e312a9028ae2.jpg

A
definitely want to say that is for a 2a or m381873bc76c4b270b411f9e312a9028ae2.jpg

Ayuh,..... The guy said it came off a CJ2a,.....

Another option popped up Christmas day, Bil found a steel hardtop a couple hours away for 'bout the same money,....
Talked to the guy yesterday, he's gonna send me pictures today, 'n there's a solid chance I'll be headed his way tomorrow to get it,.....

I still Love the look of the Myers top for the 2A, 'n might still go get it, even at 6 hours away,.....
If I could tastefully cob it onto the CJ5, I'd do it in a heart beat,.....
The guy sent me some measurements from it, so today, I'll pull some numbers off my glass tub, 'n see how far off it is,....

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks