Allen9878

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 Jeep Cj5 Renegade
I258 1987 Engine
Aisin Warner Ax15 Transmission
Dana 300 Transfer Case
I recently installed a ax15 trans on a 258 in my 80 CJ5. I have been having problems bleeding it, I have bled it manually a couple times and purchased a pneumatic bleeder and ran that 3 or 4 times. Is there any tricks to bleeding this or is there something else going on? Do I just need to keep on going..?

It drives fine but shifting is rough. It is not real consistent but gets feedback when I put it in first, third and reverse. I drove the previous vehicle it was in before removal and it shifted perfectly.

Any advice is appreciated.

Also for more information, it is a 1990 ax15 with the internal hydraulic throwout bearing.

Is your reservoir staying full? make sure the internal slave isnt leaking. If everything is good, it is probably just a stubborn air bubble. When I do work on my hydro clutch, sometimes I cant get all the air out and it eventually works it's way up to the reservoir.

Try putting the Jeep at a fairly steep incline and bleed it again. might work.

It doesn't seem to be leaking, the resevoir is staying the same. I will have to do that, thanks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks