ANOTHER tire and wheel ?

ANOTHER tire and wheel ?

gasquetmike

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
73 cj5
ok...im new to the site. I cant find the answer to my ? anywhere, in any post . I have a 73 CJ5. All stock except 2 1/2 in suspension lift with stock fender flairs. Im trying to fill the wheel wells out with the biggest tire i can, i dont want them sticking out past the fender flair or too far inside, too skinny. I put 15 x 8 inch wheels with 3 1/2 in back spacing and 33x12.50 x15 tires. looks great...no issues in rear, front rub on front and rear of leaf springs when turning left or right. so i put 33x10.50x15 tires on it with a 1/4 in spacer in front. no rubbing but the rear looks bad, tires are way inside the stock flairs...too skinny..talking with les Schwab about a 15 x 8 wheel with a 2 1/2 in back spacing and maybe a 32 x 11.50x15 tire?.or the 33 x 10.50x15 with wheel spacers in back to fill out the wheel well more. I never thought it would be so hard to find the correct tire and wheel combo on a jeep. i see many many photos of cj5s with what look like 33x12.50x15 tires with 8 and 10 in rims and cant figure out how they did it?..help!

You can adjust the stops on your front axle so that the tires don't rub on the springs. I'm sure someone will come up with a picture of it. My search comes up blank this morning.

Your goal of keeping the wheels inside the flares but not too far in is an excellent one IMO. I accomplished this with 9” rims, 33 12.50 15 tires, wider flares, and wider axles. It has that “balanced” stance and I get a lot of compliments. I am sure somebody here has the answer for you. Good luck.

I had 14.5x33R15 SSR Tires on my CJ, but I also had a 4.5" lift. I don't remember any front rub issues. The rears will alway be fine because they aren't on a steer axle. Good luck !!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks