All about timing.

All about timing.

Jet

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj7, 258, stock.
My 03 Subi Impreza t/s wagon,2.5L sohc is due for a new timing belt. The headgaskets are leaking oil slightly too.
This car is my daily driver,& in no way am i expecting to ever get WRX/STI performance out of it. But.....
I'm thinking about upgrading the cams while we're in there.

Any thoughts?

I did the head gasket t belt combo on my Outback last winter. Their is alot of potential in the 2.5 engine. Lots of good aftermarket stuff for ejs. Nothing sounds better than a well tuned ej.

YouTube - Ken Block Gymkhana Training

Its a daily driver and it has enough miles on it for the head gasket to leak? I would personally fix it and drive it any internal performance improvements could have a negative effect on the longevity of the vehicle :( just my $.02

Subaru has made outstanding vehicles for years, but not without some hairballs early in miles.
Headgaskets have been a problem since the mid-ninetys with the DOHCs.
Slightest overheating - BAM -blown gasket.
I hoped that when they went back to the SOHCs the trouble would be solved, not!
Mine began leaking oil at about 65k. Not much, but enough to stink up on the exhaust.
Subaru warranties headgaskets that leak coolant, but not oil. Wierd.
Oh how i miss the old 2.2L. noninterference, dependable as all get out.

My 03 Subi Impreza t/s wagon,2.5L sohc is due for a new timing belt. The headgaskets are leaking oil slightly too.
This car is my daily driver,& in no way am i expecting to ever get WRX/STI performance out of it. But.....
I'm thinking about upgrading the cams while we're in there.

Any thoughts?

wrx/sti :drool: i been trying to get my wife let me trade in my 03 accord for a wrx for about a year now but she wont let me. :(

Hahaha, Take her for a test drive, show her some Ken Block video.
Then you'll have her right where she wants you. LOL.

Job done. Whew! Glad that's over.
Performance is subtle. Idle-4000 rpm nothing, but 4200 rpm-redline quite noticeable.
Exhaust sounds slightly tougher.
Still dreaming to be a race car.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom