Electrical 86 Jeep CJ7 Loses all electrical power when driving

Bobby T

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘86 CJ7, 4.2L, Automatic
86‘ CJ7, 4.2L Automatic. I’ve had multiple electrical issues since I purchased this jeep several years ago. Recently I replace the battery, cables, and starter, solenoid. As I was driving home yesterday all electrical shut off. I stopped put the jeep in park, turned the ignition off then it restarted back up. It did it again, I did the same thing and it restarted and I drove home. I just checked all battery and solenoid connects, all good. Now headlights will come on but none of the electronic come on when I turn the ignition key, nor will it turn the engine over. I tried shifting in and out of park, and even tilting the steering wheel, still nothing lights up when I turn the key…any thoughts on what to check?

Check the harness for cut insulation and the steering bracket has sharp edges.
Had to wrap mine in a hose.

Check the harness for cut insulation and the steering bracket has sharp edges.
Had to wrap mine in a hose.
I just joined this forum last week, I’m absolutely amazed of the amount of people who have made extremely helpful comments/posts. This forum has completely taken a toy/hobby, that became a pain in the butt to something I look at as a challenge, but a fun challenge…Thanks everyone for your help and insight. Bobby T

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom