Interior '85 CJ7 - Parking Brake Pedal Housing Install

Interior '85 CJ7 - Parking Brake Pedal Housing Install

Sbasham1

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'85 CJ7, 258 AMC, T-176, ??, Dana ??, 32x15 mud tires
Two years ago I began an overhaul of the whole Jeep. I've been able to drive it lately, so now I need things like brakes to work properly. Part of my strip down process was removing the parking brake pedal assembly. Removing the cable from the pedal assembly was a giant pain in the butt. I remember when I removed it two years ago that I told myself that I'd hate the day that I had to install the pedal assembly again. So now today is the day unfortunately.

I'm now trying to re-install the parking brake pedal assembly into the jeep. The the pedal assembly is in place under the dash with the two bolts in the engine bay and one bolt into the body, so the assembly is easily in place.
Now with the assembly in place I need to install the brake cable into the pedal assembly. I've tried for hours to pull the brake cable back into the housing now with no success of any kind.

Attached picture for the exact steps I'm trying to accomplish. What is the best way to get the brake cable into the parking brake assembly silver housing that its supposed to slip up-and-into?

Attachments

• JeepParkingBrakeCable.png
    JeepParkingBrakeCable.png
    969 KB · Views: 36
do you have it connected under the Jeep if so disconnect it so you can pull the slack to you. then run ur adjusting nut as lose as possible to reconnect everything under the Jeep. then just tighten and adjust as needed so it all works. i know this sounds easy but it may or may not be depending on if u replaced everything with new components or not

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

do you have it connected under the Jeep if so disconnect it so you can pull the slack to you. then run ur adjusting nut as lose as possible to reconnect everything under the Jeep. then just tighten and adjust as needed so it all works. i know this sounds easy but it may or may not be depending on if u replaced everything with new components or not

Spot on! Thanks for the tip. Unscrewing the adjustment nuts was absurdly hard, but clearly the right way to do it. I've got a fully functional parking brake now!

glad i could help

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom