360 Cylinder heads

360 Cylinder heads

jeepweasel

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ-5 w/ 304 and T-150.
Well, after replacing timing cover, oil pump, water pump, etc.... I pulled the stock 2 bbl intake to put my Edelbrock 4 bbl on and guess what? Cracked *&^(*)*%^% cylinder head! Yes, I am a little pissed.

2 questions. Will a 304 head fit a 360? If not, or even if it did, where is a good place to get a set of heads that won't break the bank?

Thanks.

No they won't. do you need 304 heads or 360 heads??

Well, after replacing timing cover, oil pump, water pump, etc.... I pulled the stock 2 bbl intake to put my Edelbrock 4 bbl on and guess what? Cracked *&^(*)*%^% cylinder head! Yes, I am a little pissed.

2 questions. Will a 304 head fit a 360? If not, or even if it did, where is a good place to get a set of heads that won't break the bank?

Thanks.

IIRC, yes they bolt on, but the valve size is significantly different, and the cc of the chamber as well. They are considered non-interchangeable.

And after displacement, the 360s power comes from those bigger valves, which you really want at your elevation.

And after displacement, the 360s power comes from those bigger valves, which you really want at your elevation.

Kinda thought so. With the bigger bore and stroke, you would need more air. Thanks.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks