2000 GMC Sierra. Thoughts about lifting.

2000 GMC Sierra. Thoughts about lifting.

CoreyYoungCj577

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 cj7 232 inline 6,Dana 20 Tc,T-150 Trans, stock diffs.
Ok, So i have a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 and I have been thinking about lift options, I dont want a 4 inch just because the price and my dad and me take it hunting and he had knee surgery a few years back and i dont want it being so high its hard for him to get in and well Sami(almost wife) just has issues with high trucks lol. So I was thinking of going with the 2.5inch Torsion Key lift, along with adjustable shocks so I could get a inch or more out of shocks including the 2.5 in lift, but what i guess i really dont understand is how the torsion key lifts it to 2.5inchs, i know its suppose to level it but on a stock truck like mine are they really 2.5inches down. But what are your guys opinions on these lifts? and by going this route i can save me some money instead of doing a 4 inch.

while I don't know anything about your truck, I did lift my Durango about 2 1/4" with a torsion lift last year.
Used a set of chevy 1/2 ton rear shackles, installed upside down and just cranked the torsion bars up enough to level the truck out. Didn't install new keys, even.
The main driver's opinion (the wife, since its her truck) is overall very happy with it.
Not too stiff in front, it now clears 31x11.50 mud tires, and its still pretty easy for the various kids we carry to get in and out without jumping.
So I'd say your on the right track with your idea. Go for it!

I wish I had a pic of launching the boat yesterday. Had to back into the water about 40 yards before the boat was deep enough to float...everyone thought we were crazy! But with the lift, we didn't even get the carpet wet, so it was well worth the $50.00 investment right there! LOL

All the keys do is reindex the Torsion bar. If that is all you need, that will be fine, just a simple leveling kit. I had thoughts about doing my 01 silverado like that, but I would rather get my CJ back on the road.

All the keys do is reindex the Torsion bar. If that is all you need, that will be fine, just a simple leveling kit. I had thoughts about doing my 01 silverado like that, but I would rather get my CJ back on the road.

Well i figured it was a cheap way to lift it 2.5 inches along with adjustable shocks that i still have to look into yet and being able to get 33in tires under it is what i intend to do.

You should be able to fit 33's with that, I think mine are at 32, with no lift. I don't have any rub, either. If you crank the torsion bars too much, you will cause front end issue, and wear parts out rather quickly.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks