Body 1983 CJ7 front fender on a 1978

Body 1983 CJ7 front fender on a 1978

ClutchCityCJ

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘78 CJ7, 304, T18, D20, AMC 20, D30
Will a front passenger fender from a 1983 CJ7 (the whole piece, not the plastic flare) fit a 1978 CJ7?

Solution
Sure will, they are the same. All body parts from 76 - 86 are the same and most from 72 - 86. Exceptions are windshields and other minor issues.
One possible caveat here: I have a 78 CJ7 that came in pieces but with new reproduction front fenders. They are apparently for the late 82 and up with the wider front axle. The shock towers are bolt on and forward of where the pre 82 welded mounts are. I will need to cut the inner fender well to get them to mate up.

They are different but they will work. I have pre 82 fender on my 85. While there's some rubbing it's not a big deal. I do plan on replacing it though with the correct one when I redo the Jeep

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks