Misc. 1980 Service manual that includes the 4 cyl

Misc. 1980 Service manual that includes the 4 cyl

Super8mm

Active Jeeper
Bronze Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ5, 4 cyl, Borg Warner/Ford SR-4 4 spd, Dana 300 transfer case.
Start a heart transplant mid November with LS1 and SM465 :-)
Looking for a service manual for my 1980 CJ5 that also covers the 4 cyl.

It looks like the factory manual you have to buy a supplemental manual to cover everything.

thank you, I think most of the information is in those manuals.

I still wonder why jeep made a separate manual for the 4 cyl, but then I see some that are from Jeep Corp and others from Chrysler, both for the 1980

thank you, paper is king :-)
For some reason the only two engines covered are the 6 and 8 cylinder. 🤔 I never would've thought the 4 cylinder wouldnt be in there. Was the 151 a GM engine? That could be why if true but I never had a 151

For some reason the only two engines covered are the 6 and 8 cylinder. 🤔 I never would've thought the 4 cylinder wouldnt be in there. Was the 151 a GM engine? That could be why if true but I never had a 151
Yes the 4 cyl in a GM motor but then I am going to change mine out anyway, I am more interested in everything else.

This post has links to our 151 information. Did this help?

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ
go on....I'm listening.
well so far I have a rebuilt SM465 tranny setting in the shed, the LS1, one piece rear axles, and rear disk brake setup in the garage but I am still missing about 5K in other bits and pieces to install the motor.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks