Misc. 11/11/2020 Veterans day.

Misc. 11/11/2020 Veterans day.

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Thank you to each and everyone who has protected and served.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Well it's 2021 and once again I salute all current, retired and deceased Vets and families.

You all are forever in my thoughts! :chug:

poppies.jpg

Another year has passed. Thank you to all that have and are serving! :chug:

ONE OF AMERICAS BEST​

To CPT. Raymond E. Johnson

I heard a story about a brave and courageous battle technician, he gained the Dragons respect and their admiration
His men admired his ability to command, I heard he was always the first one to lend a helping hand
The short time with your family and your platoon is their only regret, It is your warm and friendly personality they'll never forget
They honored you by placing metals and ribbons upon your chest, you can rest assured my friend you were one of americas best

Rest in peace Captain
Dan DelaRosa

https://www.vvmf.org/Wall-of-Faces/26342/RAYMOND-E-JOHNSON/page/2/

dad1-1.jpg

Quick post for my father. He joined the Marines right out of high school in May 1942 (after Pearl Harbor in Dec '41) and served in WW2 island hopping in the Pacific - places such as Kwajalein, Okinawa, and others. He was in Okinawa training for a planned invasion of Japan's main islands when the first atomic bomb was dropped. Told me he full expected to be killed in that invasion had it gone forward, as he was scheduled for the first wave, and that I wouldn't be here if not for the atomic bombs that got Japan to surrender. He survived the war, raised a family of 6 kids, and died in 1983 when I was 20.

Father.jpg

Both my father and father in law were very young men when they arrived in the Pacific area back in early 45. They were lucky enough to miss those hard battles thank goodness.

• Thanks for the Post!
Reactions: CJ

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks